Support Tickets

evolvewh

Question

This is something that I don't think is a feature now and I may end up moving it to feature requests.

I have some support departments setup so that tickets are not opened if the clients email is not registered.

I now have a client who signed up but had a support ticket opened (to another department (sales) that doesn't require a registered email to open tickets) with an address that isn't on their account. Now that I've added that email address as an additional contact to their account, is there a way to 'merge' this ticket into their account so they can view it through their portal area?

3 answers to this question

If they open a new ticket under their account (or you open it) you may be able to merge under the Support ticket queue (Support > Tickets). I don't recall off the top of my head if tickets are limited to being merged for the same client or not.. I don't think so.

You'd select their unlinked ticket under the queue, then enter the ticket number you want to merge into.

Give it a try and let us know how that works!

Re-assigning a ticket without merging is not currently possible, so I'd suggest a feature request if you'd like to have that functionality.

If they open a new ticket under their account (or you open it) you may be able to merge under the Support ticket queue (Support > Tickets). I don't recall off the top of my head if tickets are limited to being merged for the same client or not.. I don't think so.

You'd select their unlinked ticket under the queue, then enter the ticket number you want to merge into.

Give it a try and let us know how that works!

Re-assigning a ticket without merging is not currently possible, so I'd suggest a feature request if you'd like to have that functionality.

I ended up going into the database and assigning the client ID (was NULL) and that worked. It's probably not a polished thought but I'm thinking something as simple as an option to change the client ID when viewing the Support Ticket.

It'd have to work similar to the way it does when creating a new ticket as an admin from the overview, which is that you type in the client details and it does a search, allowing you to select one from the search box. That would work well for a "Re-assign" option within a ticket. Feel free to open a feature request thread for that if you want. (This thread won't do)