Mutlicraft Module: How To Setup Multiple Ips To Await Automated Dedi Ip Provisioning?

MineHarvest66

Question

Hi, Multicraft said that Blesta is responsible for this module.

With that said could anyone please let me know how we would set it up so multiple IPs can be "queued"  and automatically be "pulled" whenever one orders a dedicated IP?  

We already have the main set as the shared IP, we just need our other IPs within our range to be "ready for use". 

Thanks you in advance. 

8 answers to this question

Dedicated IPs would need to be set on the module. Take a look at the documentation. You define each dedicated IP and its associated daemon when you manage the module under [settings] -> [Modules] -> (Manage) -> (Edit). Whenever someone orders a dedicated IP, one from the list will be assigned.

Okay from the concerned section.. 

"You can add dedicated IP addresses here (optional), just fill out the following
Daemon ID - The Daemon ID for your multicraft server this IP is attached to.
IP Address - The dedicated IP address available to this Daemon ID.
In Use - Select No if the IP is not currently in use, Yes if it is. As IP's are pulled from this pool, they will be marked as in use." 

Say that I have 3 IPs that are.. 

which if 158.155.66 were the IP configured to the daemon. Would I be able to add 158.155.68 and 158.155.70 even though they are not the daemon IPs and mark them as not in use to have two IPs as "ready to use" Dedicated IPs? 

I believe so yes, but I'm pretty sure those IPs need to be active on the daemon. In other words, I don't think Multicraft will add IPs to your network adapter automatically so they should be active on that daemon.

Got what your saying in regards in ensuring they are enabled on the NIC itself. I will have my admin do this tonight.  

Thanks you very much both for filling me in here. 

Also while I am at it how does the memory works? 

Does it add on top of the packages or just over ride the value altogether? 

Example someone orders a 1GB server how would we make them be able to add 1GB? 

By setting the option to 1024MB?  

Or 

By setting the option to 2048MB?

Memory from a package option overrides the memory you have set on the package.

If package memory is 1024 MB, adding 1 GB would require selecting the package option 2048 MB.

Thanks you for the information, so I guess I have to delegate options for each and every package to make it work as it not just "add" on top of the packages existing memory limits. With 4 packages it shouldn't be too hard to get over though.