Database Access

Radix

Yes i saw the link. thank you very much. Actually i am trying to decrypt a password that is stored in the database and i did use your method but with error and i  did see one post where it said that i cant decrypt passwords.

So can you help me out to clear my doubts.

Yes i saw the link. thank you very much. Actually i am trying to decrypt a password that is stored in the database and i did use your method but with error and i  did see one post where it said that i cant decrypt passwords.

So can you help me out to clear my doubts.

Why do you need to decrypt passwords? if it was my password in that database and you could read it I wouldn't trust you again.

Then how would i make an api call, where a password is required as a parameter? Should i pass it directly and system would handle the decryption or do i need to do something else?

Have a look at Enom's module for it, but again they shouldn't use a password but a hash for APIs in my opinion.

When i am trying to call systemDecrypt method like the one you said AppModel::systemDecrypt($var); it gives me an error saying call to undefined function loadCrypto().

What if i try to include or load the file app_model and then trying to call the method?

When i am trying to call systemDecrypt method like the one you said AppModel::systemDecrypt($var); it gives me an error saying call to undefined function loadCrypto().

What if i try to include or load the file app_model and then trying to call the method?

won't work ..

why you need to decrypt a password ?

you must tell us what you need to other users can help you .

if you want just to decrypt a password won't get a help .

Hi,

Guys thanks for the heads up. I was not asking about encrypting or decrypting a user password. The link provided by Licensecart helped me. Yes i did read they are one way hashes.

Anyways i got my solution.

Your software is easy to use and understand. Great Work. Great Help. Thanks a lot!!! :blesta::D ....

I'll keep posting if i face any other problems