Backup Automation

cloudrck

Question

11 answers to this question

Following the directions here.

I am told to enable automation, but there is nothing related to backups in [settings] > [system] > [Automation]. So the backup I have configured never runs.

Has this automated configuration been moved somewhere else?

Settings > System > Backups: Secure FTP: You set the time you wish to do it (hourly / daily)

Settings > System > Backups: Amazon S3: You set the time you wish to do it (hourly / daily)

And it will be done when you set it. Once a day I would assume it's midnight. I have every 12 hours on FTP and it works for me.

If it doesn't work (try testing the connection, it might be the port is closed or the IP is blocked in the firewall.

Yes, I've followed the instructions. It's already configured for daily, but unless I force offsite backup, nothing backups.

The cron logs say nothing about backups.

The automation page says nothing about backups.

So I'm not sure how Blesta is supposed to call the backup script via cron jobs.

Yes, I've followed the instructions. It's already configured for daily, but unless I force offsite backup, nothing backups.

The cron logs say nothing about backups.

The automation page says nothing about backups.

So I'm not sure how Blesta is supposed to call the backup script via cron jobs.

Because it's ran by the backup system itself, it's not done via the cron job, that's why the "settings" are on the page itself and not on the automation page.

Backups are done via the cron, however there is no configurable automation task for it as it's a system task and not a company task.

Okay, that's fine. But how am I supposed to get it to work? The documentation is obviously incorrect since it mentions it's a company task.

Okay, that's fine. But how am I supposed to get it to work? The documentation is obviously incorrect since it mentions it's a company task.

Under Settings > System > Backup (Secure FTP and Amazon S3) whichever you are using, what is the value for "Backup Every"? This is what sets the schedule for backups, and there is intentionally no Automation task because it's configured here.

Under Settings > System > Backup (Secure FTP and Amazon S3) whichever you are using, what is the value for "Backup Every"? This is what sets the schedule for backups, and there is intentionally no Automation task because it's configured here.

It's set to backup Every Day.

Does your web server run as the same user as your cron? I wonder if perhaps your cron does not have permissions to execute mysqldump like your web server.

I would suggest disabling the cron temporarily, setting your backup schedule to every hour and then run the cron command manually via SSH and observe the output and whether the backup is performed.

Does your web server run as the same user as your cron? I wonder if perhaps your cron does not have permissions to execute mysqldump like your web server.

I would suggest disabling the cron temporarily, setting your backup schedule to every hour and then run the cron command manually via SSH and observe the output and whether the backup is performed.

Okay, I can look into it later today. I posted here mainly to verify I was making the correct configuration changes. I will troubleshoot and report back here.