Full Structure Templates For Order Forms

Ekim

Basically I want to have a completely unique design (from <html> to </html>) for an order form. I have been told this is possible but haven't been able to this poking around with my trial license. So I've posted it here as a feature request but if someone can indicate how it's done already, I guess the request would be considered shipped . :blesta:

You can do some tweek and hack the order form controller to use a separate view .

Then you can use your own structure template . But you need to revert any change after a update of blesta .

Well yeah if that's the solution now then I'd rather not have to do that. I see Blesta as a modern billing platform so I hope this kind of thing can be baked in at some point in future rather than using hacks etc.

I see order forms as a separate component to the rest of Blesta in many cases, so it make sense if we could theme it uniquely from top to bottom, the entire page.

Well yeah if that's the solution now then I'd rather not have to do that. I see Blesta as a modern billing platform so I hope this kind of thing can be baked in at some point in future rather than using hacks etc.

I see order forms as a separate component to the rest of Blesta in many cases, so it make sense if we could theme it uniquely from top to bottom, the entire page.

I believe it would make integrating even harder because you'll theme your website / billing system to find out... you have weird order forms which you then have to customise as-well.

I believe it would make integrating even harder because you'll theme your website / billing system to find out... you have weird order forms which you then have to customise as-well.

Couldn't it be a matter of configuration for order forms? Choose whether to inherit the main theme as it does now, or use its own complete structure.

In my case I want everything within the client area to have its own design but I want the order process to feel a natural part of the marketing website. So the idea is to create an order form which the marketing website uses with a design to match. It seems it can be done with a quick hack but it would be nice as a native option, default could remain as it does now.

You can do it without hacking core file. You can do a conditions in the main structure.pdt to check if the requested page is order form then use you own html for it or use other html output .

Is like having to html structure in the structure.pdt file .

Licencecart has some tuto how to edit the structure file you can get inspiration from it .

You can do it without hacking core file. You can do a conditions in the main structure.pdt to check if the requested page is order form then use you own html for it or use other html output .

Is like having to html structure in the structure.pdt file .

Licencecart has some tuto how to edit the structure file you can get inspiration from it .

I'm aware there are workarounds but the request is to provide a more suitable way. It would make sense to me if order forms (optionally) had their own structure.pdt file, for cases where you want the order form to hold its own layout. Having the structure for two separate designs in a single structure.pdt is a pain, it results in the HTML for your design being spread over two unrelated directories. 

As a modern piece of software, I don't think it's an unreasonable request. Just trying to push for a simpler way of doing things here, keeping an order form design within a single directory and repo from start to end (for those who want it).

It's things like this that are forcing me to hold off on using Blesta (amongst a bunch of other critical reasons)

Being able to customize your order form is a big one. User interface is a big thing, and you want to be able to control it fully. Not let Blesta control it for you if there's no reason to.

Same thing for the client area.