Bounce Emails, What To Do

jobplease

Question

9 answers to this question

Blesta has some rate limiting built in, if you're using piping then it should not respond after, I believe the 5th email or so within a given period of time, which will kill the loop.

Don't you love it when someone signs up with an email address that goes to their support system, and then opens tickets?

well thats what happened. The gooses placed in the CC more email addresses including the support email .. and wackoo... emails every ten minutes. I guess thats better than every 5 minutes :). And Paul, the cutoff didnt happen as planned., sorry

Probably because there is so much time between replies (10 minutes). You may have to sneak into that mailbox and delete the message before it gets imported into Blesta to kill the loop.

I'd like to implement a blacklist that you can add domains and addresses to to ignore.

I'd like to implement a blacklist that you can add domains and addresses to to ignore.

Yep, that's how it worked at the company i used to work for. We had a custom helpdesk, and in order to prevent email loops, we added certain email addresses and domains to an auto-reply ignore list. Really need that in Blesta. 

Yep, that's how it worked at the company i used to work for. We had a custom helpdesk, and in order to prevent email loops, we added certain email addresses and domains to an auto-reply ignore list. Really need that in Blesta. 

We have a task that would make this part of the core, and observed by the support system and other areas. See CORE-737. Do you think this would cover our bases?

The implementation leaves me a bit confused. What do you mean by "ban"? I don't believe that all 3 of those systems should be linked to one banlist

Orders - Should be its own banlist. Orders are orders, and are not communication and should not hamper the ability to login to view past invoices/tickets. Think of this as an abusive customer wanting to come back and order services, or someone who performed a chargeback for a recent charge, but was a valid customer for years. 

Login - The logic is explained above. Logging in and viewing past history should not be prevented by an order system ban

Support - This I'm not sure about. Vendors/partners who send notifications need to be piped into the system and placed in the right queue so the right people work on those notices right away. But they should not get an auto-reply or a "your ticket has been updated" reply. It would create endless loops between both support systems. 

But yes, there also does need to be the ability to ban ips or emails in support. Namely spammers, fraudsters, lots of reasons for this. 

Does that all make sense? I don't mind going into further details and explain how things were implemented. I ran the department that was always in the helpdesk and billing system so I saw this first-hand through hundreds of thousands of tickets and customers and probably came across every situation you can think of :)