Inactive Status - Customization

John

I love the Active/Inactive/Fraud feature of Blesta, and it helps deal with fraud accounts. However, it's hard for us to use the inactive status because it will lock a user completely out of their account.

I would like to see something implemented where if a user is marked inactive, they basically get a read-only view of their account (past invoices, tickets and transactions) and nothing more. Maybe it can be a company wide setting of what actions they are able to do with an inactive account. The reason this would be necessary is because we are planning on integrating authentication for various systems into Blesta. We would like inactive clients to still be able to see a 'frozen' version of their account, but not access other resources, etc.

Additionally, a company wide option to allow the user to re-activate their account upon purchase of a new service would be good so that if someone leaves, they do not have to open a new account to come back.

Maybe a system to auto inactivate clients accounts who have no active services, open invoices, or open tickets would be a part of this as well?

Maybe Inactive / Closed / Fraud

Yeah, something like that! Fraud obviously should stay the same, in the sense that it should just kick them out completely, but I'd like Blesta to expand the inactive feature. So much more could be done with it instead of just locking the user out completely.

Let me know what you think of this CORE-2222

It includes a provision for an additional functionality change whereby new customers will not have access to the client area until their order is approved. Having a 4th status makes this possible.

I like it!

A few thoughts:

• There should also be a setting in which clients who have no active services, open invoices or open tickets get moved automatically to 'inactive' after X days
  • A limited client interface would be nice for clients with 'inactive' status, in case a client still wants to see payment, invoice, service or ticket history. This should be a per company setting, and is not a show stopper for me.
  • At the very least, the login error should be different for clients with different statuses instead of it throwing a generic error.

Other than that, I really like the feature in which new clients do not have full access until their order is approved. Definitely would help with fraudsters.

I agree, a cron task with settings to specify how long a client has had no activity, however that is defined (active services, open invoices, etc), could mark a client inactive.

Limited client area access would be difficult and we would have to have some type of ACL permission schema admins can define for this purpose. Probably not going to happen.

A different login error message due to their status is a good idea.