Time Billing For Services

interfasys

This would be ideal for support and development.

As a service provider, I'd like to be able to sell support packages

A package can be, for example, for 3 hours of hosting support.

A customer raises a ticket for support and if they have bought the package, we can start on it right away, otherwise, we send a link to buy a package.

An in-app timer could be useful. We start it once we confirm to the customer that we'll be working on it right away and we'll stop it when we're done, giving us an indication on how much time it took us to perform the task.

Once work on the ticket has been completed, we can remove an amount of time from the package, in 15 minutes increment per example.

The customer knows at all times how many hours/minutes are left.

I don't mind paying extra as long as the PM module can populate the services section in the shopping area so that customers can purchase support at the same time they purchase a plan of some sort.

Yeah I believe they will be doing that in the Project Manager, since I believe it seems to be more project related.

Yeah I believe they will be doing that in the Project Manager, since I believe it seems to be more project related.

I think I'm more excited about Blesta 4.0 than anything lol, hopefully then there will be enom, a knowledgebase, project management, proxmox module, expanded portal plugin so that custom pages can be created and managed from within Blesta..

:rolleyes:

I think I'm more excited about Blesta 4.0 than anything lol, hopefully then there will be enom, a knowledgebase, project management, proxmox module, expanded portal plugin so that custom pages can be created and managed from within Blesta..

:rolleyes:

We've got to start someplace. All these others will be coming, prior to a 4.0.

This is a bit of a tangent, but related to time based billing. If manually creating an invoice, you can enter the hourly rate in the amount box, and enter a fractional or decimal quantity.

For example, if you charge $95/hr and are billing an item for 3hrs and 50 minutes, you can enter 95 for the amount, and 3 50/60 for the quantity and it will do the math for you.

This is a bit of a tangent, but related to time based billing. If manually creating an invoice, you can enter the hourly rate in the amount box, and enter a fractional or decimal quantity.

For example, if you charge $95/hr and are billing an item for 3hrs and 50 minutes, you can enter 95 for the amount, and 3 50/60 for the quantity and it will do the math for you.

Oh I saw you doing that in the Auto-Save Demo video haha but I didn't think about that.

http://videos.blesta.com/video/64763991

I would want to deduct from the amount of credits/minutes the customer has purchased.

So this is what would show up in the invoice:

-30m for "CMS one-click install", deducted from "180m support package". 150m remaining for future support requests.

Thank you for your customs.

Customers would know how much was used, what for and what's left.

Don't get me wrong, Paul. Its not that I don't love v3 because I really really really do, its more of a sitting back and just thinking if v3 is this awesome I can't even imagine how cool v4 will be!

:D

I would want to deduct from the amount of credits/minutes the customer has purchased.

So this is what would show up in the invoice:

-30m for "CMS one-click install", deducted from "180m support package". 150m remaining for future support requests.

Thank you for your customs.

Customers would know how much was used, what for and what's left.

So you would want a credit system in place also then.  I am definitely onboard with that option since I am hoping they add a metered billing option in Packages and then fetch reports via the hosting/Universal modules.  +1 for this

MemoryX2 I agree but careful what you wish for.  A lot of these other All-Inclusive billing systems have terrible quality control because they have too many modules and can't find time to maintain them all.  :)

MemoryX2 I agree but careful what you wish for.  A lot of these other All-Inclusive billing systems have terrible quality control because they have too many modules and can't find time to maintain them all.   :)

I definitely cannot argue that, but I can say a few things I have personally noticed around here that is much different from other systems. 

Blesta is built to be modular. Almost everything is a plugin, which is awesome because I may want something in my system that you don't, in which case you don't enable it and you have nothing to worry about. Another cool thing is, all of these modules, and plugins can be updated independently so for example a bug in the cpanel module can be fixed without messing with the directadmin module. And also because it is a module it has less effect on the core system.

Blesta is built on a much better and much more stable base or core system than the other billing system I used.

Also, the developers here are developers, and they fix things.

• 2 weeks later...

So you would want a credit system in place also then.  I am definitely onboard with that option since I am hoping they add a metered billing option in Packages and then fetch reports via the hosting/Universal modules.  +1 for this

MemoryX2 I agree but careful what you wish for.  A lot of these other All-Inclusive billing systems have terrible quality control because they have too many modules and can't find time to maintain them all.   :)

I am also very interested in a credit based system for offering support. 

• 4 months later...