Which hosting panel

MDHMatt

Question

So I've tried googling but most comparisons are out of date about which hosting panel is the best. I currently use cpanel cause that's what my provider gave me.

ive been thinking about bringing it all into my owned server to take back control and know where mine and my clients data is stored and trying towork out what best to use?

So between cpanel, intraworx, direct admin and parallels 

let me know your reason behind your choice too

cheers!

6 answers to this question

as much as i don't like cPanel's business, the people who run it, how they run the company... it's still the best panel to use. And not because customers are familiar with it. If you have a nice UI, customers don't care.

The reason why, is that there's so many resources available for cpanel. Fixes, tweaks, customizations, a pretty good API, and so many people using it, that security issues are found and fixed pretty quick (with exceptions.. backup exploit, looking at you)

I'd love it if Interworx was more solid. I like their implementation, but they don't really have the staff or features. I question their long term stability. DirectAdmin is the same thing. Parallels, don't even get me started. 

So to sum it up, go with cPanel, as bad as a business as they are, the sheer amount of people using it make it viable. 

5 hours ago, Licensecart said:

I would say cPanel I loved InterWorx for their security minded but I'm thinking otherwise.

I noticed your not selling anymore of their licenses. I'll admit I do like cpanel just expensive. Wish they did owned license 

5 hours ago, AnthonyL said:

as much as i don't like cPanel's business, the people who run it, how they run the company... it's still the best panel to use. And not because customers are familiar with it. If you have a nice UI, customers don't care.

The reason why, is that there's so many resources available for cpanel. Fixes, tweaks, customizations, a pretty good API, and so many people using it, that security issues are found and fixed pretty quick (with exceptions.. backup exploit, looking at you)

I'd love it if Interworx was more solid. I like their implementation, but they don't really have the staff or features. I question their long term stability. DirectAdmin is the same thing. Parallels, don't even get me started. 

So to sum it up, go with cPanel, as bad as a business as they are, the sheer amount of people using it make it viable. 

Care to share about parallels? I've never used it.

the only thing I have against intraworx is the ui to me it feels like the web from the 90's

direct admin looks to be getting an overhaul 

Parallels is the worst company in the world. I haven't used them in years, but when I was with them, you were nickle and dimed for everything. Need a bug fixed? Pay for support to report it. Our update broke things? No worries, pay for support. 

Things like that. No way to run a business with that kind of partnership. Buggy updates and really bad support. 

cPanel is the most used and most popular , not sur if they are the best in the market, but from my experience the support they has is fantastic , the control panel easy to use for admins and clients . they have so many feature that make it out of the box for hosting panel . and you can complete it with CloudLinux , SO cPanel + CloudLnux they are the best solution in the market , the only thing i find it lock of cPanel is the balancing system or the cluster managed .

exist Direct Admin as a simple alternative . if you want a free panel Kloxo, Webmin  has some positive feedbacks.