Template Files Possible?

wdfee

In Blesta 2.5 it was possible to make an own template with custom views. What about that in Blesta 3.0?

If I want to change something in /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_editinvoice.pdt do I have to edit the core file? Or can I start a template file system?

I found the core config parameter for "default" view, but that would mean that I'd have to copy all "default" folders, rename them and then change the view?

I think the above mentioned is the only file I'd like to change. I want to remove (or hide) the quantity column -  I never need quantities, it's always one service in one line. Instead I need the service date and in Blesta 2.5 I got this with a little trick. I added the date into the line with ### and read this out, viewed it in a column (after saving). For this the resizable boxes were pretty good...

i have not looked deeper in the templates system, but we have already discussed about this , please use the search .

but from the structure , they have default vies , if you adding a new folder like 'mytheme' , i havn't see a option in the admin panel to change the theme to it , you can just change the colors and the default view files .

sorry, I can't find something on this in the forums. Sure it was discussed in this new forum?

In some threads I find some advices like "got to structure.pdt and edit it like this ..."

Do I understand it correctly that all editing advices are meant to be done in the original core files?

Currently there is not a method by which to "switch" to a different set of template files. I would like to implement this, especially for the client area.

Currently you'll need to edit the templates where they are. I do suggest making a backup of them first just in case you need to roll anything back, and then edit the files. If you have an owned license with us, we can provide a development license upon request so that you can run another copy for the purpose of creating a theme outside your live environment. To request a dev license, just open a ticket in the client area.

• 2 months later...

Currently there is not a method by which to "switch" to a different set of template files. I would like to implement this, especially for the client area.

Currently you'll need to edit the templates where they are. I do suggest making a backup of them first just in case you need to roll anything back, and then edit the files. If you have an owned license with us, we can provide a development license upon request so that you can run another copy for the purpose of creating a theme outside your live environment. To request a dev license, just open a ticket in the client area.

Would it be possible to implement a feature where custom templates only have to contain editied files? So if a file isn't edited in the template it'll be pulled from the default directory?

That would be a really good feature as it'll allow automatic updates to files that haven't been edited.

Would it be possible to implement a feature where custom templates only have to contain editied files? So if a file isn't edited in the template it'll be pulled from the default directory?

That would be a really good feature as it'll allow automatic updates to files that haven't been edited.

That may be possible, language definitions work similarly. I'll discuss with the team.