Migrate Google Checkout Gateway To Google Wallet

PacifistRiot

• 2 months later...

My bet is Google becomes more and more hostile to the hosting industry, as they encroach further and further into it.

That's more of a Microsoft tactic.  Companies like Google and Amazon let small businesses build the marketplace so that they can swoop it up later without enduring the cost of building it themselves.  They'll always beat us on purchasing power.

We are planning to do Google Wallet, however it has come to our attention that Google Wallet will not support hosting providers, which diminishes their usefulness in the industry.. unless they have changed their minds?

It's a good thing Blesta can be used for more than just billing for hosting services :P

I've also heard Google Wallet will not support hosting.  Even if it's a miscommunication, I'm not about to chance it.  We had a bad experience with them before and for what it's worth, I'd just as soon stick with Stripe and PayPal.

It's not a miscommunication, it's their official stance.  I don't think it's specifically stated on their website anywhere at the moment...but if you give them a call they will tell you it's not allowed.

something along the lines of "because we said so" :(

The person I spoke to (not my official rep) was very blunt about it and didn't really seem interested in explaining why even when asked.

I'm curious what they consider a hosting company anyway.  Anyone that provides remote data services... even SaaS companies?

I'm curious what they consider a hosting company anyway.  Anyone that provides remote data services... even SaaS companies?

that's a pretty good point, with the way they are treating it right now, it's like a huge gray area with what's allowed and what isn't...specially with the fact that it's not even written down anywhere.  I'm going to sit down later today and write up an email to send to my google apps rep and see if I can get some sort of decent response.