Blesta Unbranded License For Sale

webguyz

Ah there's another one for sale, same price on there :) Good luck mate.

Yeah, Blesta license sales are popping up in several of the forums I read. It seems a lot of people don't want to wait for it to mature. :(

If Blesta wasn't multi-company I might consider snatching up a few of these myself, but I have no real need.

Yeah, Blesta license sales are popping up in several of the forums I read. It seems a lot of people don't want to wait for it to mature. :(

If Blesta wasn't multi-company I might consider snatching up a few of these myself, but I have no real need.

When you buy a license it is just a license you can exchange it for a multi-company addon though like I did.

Oh, you need a separate license for each company/domain?

Is there any documentation as to how you go about configuring an additional company?

License = Per install.

Multi-Company = 1 Addon per license. 

You get the addon on your license and you are free to use the multi-company feature on your Blesta. (Dropdown shows)

What you're probably reading is refugees who are waiting on modules.  The reason the guys are selling their licenses is that Blesta offered a promo price (which I think was a mistake) of $99 for v2.5 while v3 was in Beta which included a free upgrade when v3 was released.  So now they're trying to flip them at a higher cost.

The reason the guys are selling their licenses is that Blesta offered a promo price (which I think was a mistake) of $99 for v2.5 while v3 was in Beta which included a free upgrade when v3 was released.  So now they're trying to flip them at a higher cost.

I probably wouldn't be a Blesta customer if it weren't for that promo, and I've since purchased Add-On company licenses, totaling me at well over what the full-price ($210, right?) license would cost me today. I've also purchased the ModuleGarden cPanel module for Blesta, which I assume helps to further grow the 3rd-party community around Blesta. Despite Blesta's current shortcomings or immaturity, we are making it work for several of our businesses. So, I must say that I'm a proponent of the $99 sale which happened, because for me it lowered the barrier of entry enough to justify giving something new a try.

I struggle to see the excessive "flipping" which most everyone here seems to be convinced of. I'm sure a case or two exist, but in general I have seen a lot of people selling a single license with minimal margins over $99. If I were in their shoes, I wouldn't sell my copy for $99 either, I'd try to recoup a few extra bucks too! It seems to me that if people were serious about flipping licenses in such a manner that they would have purchased many licenses and be selling them en masse. Most of what I'm seeing is one guy with one license and a business which could have used Blesta. The evidence of my take on it goes further, though:

If Blesta were already in high-demand then we wouldn't be seeing so many licenses sit unsold, and these $99 buyers would be running out of licenses quickly. But, what we're seeing is a lot of people willing to undercut the Blesta direct price by ~$50 and still not selling the license. I bet if Paul published the Blesta sales over time we would see that licenses were selling dramatically faster during Beta at the $99 rate than they are now. I myself could justify dropping $99 without knowing much about what I'm getting, just for the off-chance that it gets me away from WHMCS. Like many others who felt the same way, I ended up with a Blesta license long before I ever used the software. I personally know several people whom purchased during that $99 period and who can't yet make Blesta work for them so they are just sitting on the license and keeping an eye on Blesta's progress. It's no surprise to me that others whom purchased at $99 and Blesta didn't work for them are selling their licenses now. It's also no surprise to me that these licenses are sitting unsold, as I think the hosting community (at least) has more awareness about the state of Blesta than it did during the Beta.

Any license "flippers" who purchased a lot of licenses with intent of resale only provided Blesta with more income during Beta. How is this any different than a reseller, really? They paid consumer rates for bulk at the time, betting on Blesta to become popular. It's almost like we should appreciate these guys, not belittle them. Now these guys are serving as Blesta salespeople out posting on forums, which can only help expand the active community. If solid demand for Blesta existed, their $99 licenses would be history by now.

From my perspective, we have a whole lot of license holders and potential customers waiting to see Blesta progress before they make any decisions. I suspect as we see 3.1, 3.2, more modules, etc. come to light, and the current 30% direct discount ends, these licenses will begin to dry up. I say this because buyers on the fence will feel more comfortable, and because less people will be inclined to sell their license.

Alex like you I needed to jump from the sinking ship and was going to move to 2.5. V3 was a bonus and I fell in love with Blesta, its stable, secure and easy to use.

I've snapped up licenses to help people get a few dollars profit and I get a bargain.

Another great example of a member of the active Blesta community benefiting from the $99 sale. I'm quite literally afraid to think how small this community would be without the $99 sale which happened during Beta. I think we just found that 2 of the most active community members on these forums might not be here without that $99 sale.

I too have fallen in love with Blesta. But, more due to the security and staff than it's current stability or flexibility, which I must admit I think is lacking. However, I am aware that the developers are working hard to improve that and I believe they will do a good job.

@CubicWebs: Did the licenses you purchased seem to come from license "flippers" or people who couldn't put Blesta to use as they had hoped?

Another great example of a member of the active Blesta community benefiting from the $99 sale. I'm quite literally afraid to think how small this community would be without the $99 sale which happened during Beta. I think we just found that 2 of the most active community members on these forums might not be here without that $99 sale.

I too have fallen in love with Blesta. But, more due to the security and staff than it's current stability or flexibility, which I must admit I think is lacking. However, I am aware that the developers are working hard to improve that and I believe they will do a good job.

@CubicWebs: Did the licenses you purchased seem to come from license "flippers" or people who couldn't put Blesta to use as they had hoped?

I don't really know for sure but I think they are people who can't use Blesta yet.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1305009

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1305094

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1301150

Alex,

What is the difference between flippers and resellers?  Aside from terms of use, absolutely nothing.  And that was the point.  A flipper buys a license specifically for the intent to make money.  It has absolutely nothing to do with their evaluation of the product if they never intended on using it does it?

Why do you think your license was only $99 to begin with?  You can't possibly expect to be an early-adopter paying a fraction of the price and expect long term polished features on the month of release.  I wouldn't anyway.  Someone asked why I didn't buy it at the promo price, I wanted to know what I was getting into first and didn't care about the money.  At the end of the day you have to choose a product that works for you but if any of the competing worked for you I'd have to question why you moved in the first place.

In regards to maturity I guess that is in the eye of the beholder.  If having pre-fabricated modules that replicate what other billing systems already do are more valuable to you than security, nice code structure, in-house development, active QA with actual results and module system without limited features embedded into it's core then I understand.  But for someone like me I needed something tight and robust to build off of.  It was either something like Zuora with a 20k buy-in or something like this.  You all seem to forget which competitor just recently irresponsibly got hacked and had their customer database posted online.

This is just my perspective from my business, I know everyone has different needs.  But I guess the point is that maturity is subjective.  I've not had any kind of stability issues.  Any that I have read have been cPanel related but we don't have it installed on cPanel.

One more thing to add in response to the amount of available licenses for sale and cost.  Supply and demand.  What happens when you have an over abundance of anything?  Prices drop as availability increases.  When I needed a license which was not long ago only one was available and he refused to take anything under 185 even though he listed it for 175.  It was much easier for me to buy direct and avoid the hassle and risk of dealing with a private party.