Whmcs Migrator (Beta) - Updated 2013-11-12

Cody

Almost everything imported for my test group.

A couple of issues.

• Servers are listed but show 0 accounts.
    • Editing and saving the server details causes the number of accounts to populate
  • Server default name servers were not imported
  • Server Label and Server Hostname are the same, WHMCS has Server Name and Server Hostname which I would expect to be imported respectively.
  • Support stuff came over but there is no Support option in the header even though the support manager is installed.
    • (Default Admin group doesn't get assigned permissions to the support manager)
  • Some packages have odd pricing.  I'm seeing some with duplicate terms like Monthly but with two prices and only one is accurate.
  • Some packages have quantity available set to zero even though WHMCS had stock control unchecked.
  • All tickets came over as Open and the Ticket Number doesn't show up in the Ticket list.
    • lhCiL13S0F.png

Nothing in for you? Well for starters you'd be moved over faster, if everyone thought the way you did, there wouldn't be any plugins / modules, we are "a community" they don't have to make the script work for you, it works for 90% of people. They are doing it for you because they want to help you.

I'd be "moved over a lot faster" if this thing was actually designed properly. I'm sorry, but this is just utter garbage.

20 minutes, then it dies. There's no reason this script should take 20 minutes to run. There's no reason it should die after 20 minutes. Hell, max_execution_time isn't even an option in php 5.4, though oddly enough it still shows up in phpinfo. That thing is so high it's insane.

I'm done wasting my time and my money here. Call me when this thing actually works and I'll consider paying for it, but, as it is, this is total garbage. If you can't even get an import script working, then how am I supposed to trust your billing system?

I'd be "moved over a lot faster" if this thing was actually designed properly. I'm sorry, but this is just utter garbage.

20 minutes, then it dies. There's no reason this script should take 20 minutes to run. There's no reason it should die after 20 minutes. Hell, max_execution_time isn't even an option in php 5.4, though oddly enough it still shows up in phpinfo. That thing is so high it's insane.

I'm done wasting my time and my money here. Call me when this thing actually works and I'll consider paying for it, but, as it is, this is total garbage. If you can't even get an import script working, then how am I supposed to trust your billing system?

Ensure your web server is not overriding PHP's max_execution_time.

I'd be "moved over a lot faster" if this thing was actually designed properly. I'm sorry, but this is just utter garbage. I'm done wasting my time and my money here. Call me when this thing actually works and I'll consider paying for it, but, as it is, this is total garbage. If you can't even get an import script working, then how am I supposed to trust your billing system?

The system isn't garbage.  With a few hiccups, it works great.  Far better than our experiences with WHMCS or PBA.  Patches are being released rapid fire to nail down bugs and suggestions.  You've got one of the lead devs personally helping you troubleshoot your issue, which may even ultimately turn out to be a problem on your end.  And that's not good enough for you?

Sorry that some brand new software had a few bugs, I guess.

You may not be aware of this, but your posts are coming off as petulant and entitled.  If you don't want to actually work through the issue, there are other billing systems to choose from.

The system isn't garbage.  With a few hiccups, it works great.  Far better than our experiences with WHMCS or PBA.  Patches are being released rapid fire to nail down bugs and suggestions.  You've got one of the lead devs personally helping you troubleshoot your issue, which may even ultimately turn out to be a problem on your end.  And that's not good enough for you?

Sorry that some brand new software had a few bugs, I guess.

You may not be aware of this, but your posts are coming off as petulant and entitled.  If you don't want to actually work through the issue, there are other billing systems to choose from.

Haha mate, on WHT he's slated every single one. So not much for him to choose from.

If anyone knows of Steven from Rack911, he told me that WHMCS is not as bad as people are saying and that others hosting billing solutions and control panels are worse.

He also told me that if I were to pick one billing solution based on security alone, Blesta is hands down the best choice.

This is one reason I keep helping Blesta with this importer.  Maybe not with code, but by testing it and reporting my findings.  I have a huge database and I know that i am not alone.  If they can make mine work well, others will benefit from it down the line.

If anyone knows of Steven from Rack911, he told me that WHMCS is not as bad as people are saying and that others hosting billing solutions and control panels are worse.

He also told me that if I were to pick one billing solution based on security alone, Blesta is hands down the best choice.

This is one reason I keep helping Blesta with this importer.  Maybe not with code, but by testing it and reporting my findings.  I have a huge database and I know that i am not alone.  If they can make mine work well, others will benefit from it down the line.

And it's guys like you mate, which help the community and helps Blesta get better. Well they are better anyway but you know what I mean :D.

As it stands, I cannot import my actual production database until this importer can be optimized to run in a shorter time window, or until it can be done in segments.

It doesn't even get through all of the transaction processing before it dies.  I have Apache, MySQL and PHP all set with timeout values of 18,000 seconds.  That's 5 hours and should be more than enough time.

This is a test server, so those values are ok for me but not everyone will be able to or want to make those changes on their servers.

I can't be the only one with this large of a database, I have been using WHMCS for 5 or 6 years so thats alot of invoices, transactions, emails and clients.

I've just gone back over this topic a couple of times and some of the posts are shocking me with the lack of patience and damn right rudeness some are displaying here I would like to remind people the WHMCS Migrator is still in "BETA" also seen those asking the same stuff which has been address previously I feel strongly the Blesta guys need to add a basic F.A.Q for those moving from WHMCS to Blesta.

I've just gone back over this topic a couple of times and some of the posts are shocking me with the lack of patience and damn right rudeness some are displaying here I would like to remind people the WHMCS Migrator is still in "BETA" also seen those asking the same stuff which has been address previously I feel strongly the Blesta guys need to add a basic F.A.Q for those moving from WHMCS to Blesta.

Agreed, and it might be a good idea for one of the Blesta crew to update the OP to say that this is a work in progress.  Otherwise someone might download the latest beta, have it not work, conclude that the system is broken, and not realize that work is ongoing.

Agreed, and it might be a good idea for one of the Blesta crew to update the OP to say that this is a work in progress.  Otherwise someone might download the latest beta, have it not work, conclude that the system is broken, and not realize that work is ongoing.

Good idea

Also, it sounds like we're going to be adding some reporting to the importer to try to identify how long different operations are taking. We might be able to optimize some things and speed the importer up.. but it is doing a lot of stuff, including decrypting and encrypting credit card and other data. Some tasks are just going to take a while, but I can understand the frustration of waiting and then getting an error.

I appreciate all the feedback everyone is giving us, and your patience. When we first released this, it worked perfectly with our tiny little test data set. More people, and more data expose little issues that we can better accommodate, so thanks!

I guess not everyone understands what Beta means.

be·ta noun

a version of a product (such as a computer program) that is almost finished and that is used for testing

I've noticed one thing around here and that is that everyone seems to have the a module, plugin, importer, feature that they need.  Sometimes there is this insinuation that the devs aren't doing enough or list of things which they 'should' be doing.  They can't just drop everything on focus on just one client with their specific needs alone (show me one company that does?).  Mind you that it's a client management and billing system.  It has an open modules/plugin system which means you can develop or have someone develop your modules.  You can also have your own importer build.  But if you're going to wait around for the complimentary modules and importers that come at no cost to you then a little patience are in order.  Especially if your going to critique them about their so-called 'behind-the-scenes problems' as someone described it.  If it was so easy and you want get migrated so badly why wouldn't you just build it yourself?  Nothing is stopping you.

Blesta is build with quality in mind and this takes time.  The community couldn't be more helpful.

I don't mean help this topic run away but good grief!  It had to be said.   :huh:

I've noticed one thing around here and that is that everyone seems to have the a module, plugin, importer, feature that they need.  Sometimes there is this insinuation that the devs aren't doing enough or list of things which they 'should' be doing.  They can't just drop everything on focus on just one client with their specific needs alone (show me one company that does?).  Mind you that it's a client management and billing system.  It has an open modules/plugin system which means you can develop or have someone develop your modules.  You can also have your own importer build.  But if you're going to wait around for the complimentary modules and importers that come at no cost to you then a little patience are in order.  Especially if your going to critique them about their so-called 'behind-the-scenes problems' as someone described it.  If it was so easy and you want get migrated so badly why wouldn't you just build it yourself?  Nothing is stopping you.

Blesta is build with quality in mind and this takes time.  The community couldn't be more helpful.

I don't mean help this topic run away but good grief!  It had to be said.   :huh:

True, there will always be those people with the attitude of "If you want my business, you will have to bend over backwards to earn it.  But if you screw up, I'm out the door and onto the next".  Anyone that's been in business long enough will tell you that those are not the customers you want which is why those people in this thread are not getting the attention they think they are entitled to.

True, there will always be those people with the attitude of "If you want my business, you will have to bend over backwards to earn it.  But if you screw up, I'm out the door and onto the next".  Anyone that's been in business long enough will tell you that those are not the customers you want which is why those people in this thread are not getting the attention they think they are entitled to.

Oh yes commonly referred to as "host hoppers" within the hosting industry.

I think the importer is great considering how much work it needs to do to even move the database let alone import it as well. I think adding some type of "verbose option" to the migrator will be good as it will display in verbose output which is "real time" what it is doing and which stage it's at. Also maybe consider adding some type of "option based" menu on the migrator in the future so those with bigger databases can migrate everything but tickets over first then re-run after to migrate the tickets solely this will prevent everything being done at once and hopefully would make the migration seem a little less painful to some.

I had a migration running for most of the day, it completed with an error "Please enter a last name".

execution time: 26777.006063 seconds (7.43806 hours) LOL

That was a full database import, it did get the packages but not the client packages.

It also didn't get the support tickets this time.

Our blesta migration completed in a few minutes.  Haven't had a chance to check it.  The only thing that stands out is all tickets are marked as open and credits are posted today. 

WHMCS doesn't properly account for client credits. They can be created without reference to any transactions. Blesta doesn't allow this, so when credits are imported they are inserted as transactions with today's date.

WHMCS doesn't properly account for client credits. They can be created without reference to any transactions. Blesta doesn't allow this, so when credits are imported they are inserted as transactions with today's date.

That really wouldn't surprise me.  

Is there a fix to close all tickets?  Couldn't see anything while poking around.  I really like the way that Blesta handles transactions. 

Kudos to you guys for coming up with this importer.  I've used or attempted to use importers from competing products and it either required a massive payment for 'custom coding' which I am sure was already done, or an importer that required a significant amount of manual keying and fixing of merged orders.

That really wouldn't surprise me.  

Is there a fix to close all tickets?  Couldn't see anything while poking around.  I really like the way that Blesta handles transactions.

Tickets should come across with an equivalent status as in WHMCS. Here's the mapping, on the left are status values in WHMCS, on the right are their status values in Blesta. If a ticket has a status not listed on the left Blesta marks it as "open".

'Open' => 'open',
            'Answered' => 'closed',
            'Customer-Reply' => 'awaiting_reply',
            'Closed' => 'closed',
            'In Progress' => 'in_progress'

Tickets should come across with an equivalent status as in WHMCS. Here's the mapping, on the left are status values in WHMCS, on the right are their status values in Blesta. If a ticket has a status not listed on the left Blesta marks it as "open".

'Open' => 'open',
            'Answered' => 'closed',
            'Closed' => 'closed',

In my testing, that isn't working.

'Open' => 'open',
            'Answered' => 'closed',
            'Closed' => 'closed',

This does not appear to be working then:

Blesta --> Open (1308)Awaiting Reply (0)In Progress (0)

WHMCS --> Closed (1293) Open (1) Customer-Reply (2) Awaiting Reply (3) Answered (10)

For those having issues with ticket status values matching up, what are the results of the following query on your WHMCS db?

SELECT status, COUNT(*) AS total FROM tbltickets GROUP BY status

Note, the 'total' values don't really matter, but would be good to see in contrast to what's you're seeing in Blesta.

For those having issues with ticket status values matching up, what are the results of the following query on your WHMCS db?

SELECT status, COUNT(*) AS total FROM tbltickets GROUP BY status

Note, the 'total' values don't really matter, but would be good to see in contrast to what's you're seeing in Blesta.

On my smaller test database:

Answered 5
Closed 4731
In Progress 1

My actual database has much much more.  The test import showed all of them as Open.