Manually Adjust Price

medfordite

Question

This is similar to the thread posted here:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/941-how-to-change-payed-to-free-service/

I need to be able to manually adjust the price for a few clients.  I know I can add a new service for them without the module, have Blesta not send an email, and then cancel the old service, but this does become 'messy' as we then have a 'cancelled' service that the customer will see when they log in causing confusion.   

Is there a way to manually adjust the price for a service for a customer without having to do this or do a hard edit in the database table?  The structure you have in the Database isn't exaclty as logical as I'd like, but I am willing to delve into it.. ;)

4 answers to this question

If you look at it from a customer service standpoint - not everyone is computer savvy.   There are customers which would log in and see the word "Cancelled" and totally panic and jump on the phone and call or send an angry ticket.  This, in turn prompts you - the company to assure your now upset customer that their service is indeed fine. (nevermind the fact that they can view their site and use it and probably were just on it)

Having the ability to manually price adjust an existing service is what I am looking for, or at least a work around.  I have one customer which is one of those that would call if they saw something like this (Not an angry call though).    Here is their scenario:

They paid several months in advanced so we had a running Credit on the books for them.  Their credit ran out this month and left them with a small balance.  That is fine and good.  No problem there.  BUT....going in and looking at their invoice, I saw that when I set up their account in Blesta, I didn't remember to change the price manually at the time the service was placed in the system.  (Migrating from other software than Blesta). 

I went into his invoice to adjust the amount billed so they could see that their credit was there (I have a referall credit), and Blesta promptly complained that since a credit was already applied, no further credits could be done. (I changed the invoice price).