Please Rate Us On Hotscripts

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Oh it's ran by the same company as WHT, I wonder if that's why my review hasn't been added :l.

Looks like it was simply moderation?

Rating: 5 - Excellent

Reviewed by Michael Dance on Sep 11th, 2013

Fantastic software, Fantastic support, great helpful community, what more can you ask for? Best billing system I know of and tried.

HotScripts is still around?

I found Blesta through AlternativeTo.net

What were you searching for an alternative to?

Looks like it was simply moderation?

I think the reviews show up, but the ratings seem to be stuck at 13 for some reason.

Thanks to everyone who posted a review or rating though, it means a lot to us.

What were you searching for an alternative to?

I'm not certain, as it was over a year and a half ago. I think I was just searching around for a simple web based invoicing system, like freshbooks but self hosted. At the time it was for invoicing my web design/development clients. WHMCS didn't fit my scope at the time, so I was looking around, digging deep. I came across quite a few programs there, but most of them old or seemed abandoned.

I came to the site and saw v3 was in development. I purchased a monthly license for two months (I think) through LicensePal as I evaluated v2.5. Then life just got real busy so I put it on hold, and cancelled the license until I came back around to it.

Then one day reading WHT, I came across a thread about the Blesta v3 Beta. When I found out I could get in on the beta with a v2.5 license I re-ordered the license through LicensePal.

LicensePal has since upgraded my license to an Unbranded v3 license at the same cost as the v2.5 license. So I figured I'd just keep it with them. Can't beat that price.

I've since expanded into Domain Registration (ResellerClub/LogicBoxes), Virtual Server Hosting (SolusVM), and currently experimenting with dedicated servers (via the Universal Module).

So far I am really enjoying the ease Blesta provides, as I was doing it all manually using an invoice template in LibreOffice.

I did have some issues during integration. In my opinion the CSS files are poorly formatted. I don't know if it was for minification purposes or not, though.