We are pleased to announce that Blesta 5.2.0 BETA 1 has been released!
Can I participate in the beta?
If you have an owned or monthly license with us directly, you may download blesta-5.2.0-b1.zip in the client area now (Login Required). If you obtained your license from a reseller or distributor, you may be able to participate. Contact your reseller to find out. As with any beta, this release is for non-production use only and is unsupported. DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PRODUCTION. During installation, choose to start a free trial, open a ticket to request a trial key, or use your dev license if you have one.
Once you are up and running, head to the forums to report any issues and let us know what you think! If you have a license and are verified or become verified on our Discord chat, you’ll have access to a license holder only beta forum.
(Caption: Clients can now renew services and domains in advance. Under Settings > Billing/Payment, or for the Client Group “Allow Clients to Manually Renew Services” should be enabled. The option is enabled by default.)
So what is new in 5.2?
Blesta version 5.2 includes many improvements and updates to the Domain Manager, a new inclusive tax type, UK HMRC VAT validation, the ability for clients and staff to renew services and domains in advance, new operators to simplify config option logic, the ability to sort configurable option groups on packages, and more.
- Domain Manager plugin now places domain names in their own client and client profile widget.
- Domain Manager plugin now adds a “Domains” navigation link in the client area.
- Domain Manager plugin now supports bulk enabling/disabling of TLDs, rather than one by one.
- Domain Manager plugin now automatically uses the default welcome email when adding a new TLD.
- Domain Manager plugin now allows pricing to be set under Configuration for options like Email Forwarding.
- Domain Manager plugin now asks for input when changing a TLDs registrar module only when necessary.
- Order plugin update when using multi-currency, a currency selector now appears on domain order pages.
- Order plugin update to add a TLD pricing table below the domain search box on order pages.
- Import Manager plugin was updated to improve importing contacts for newer versions of WHMCS.
- Braintree gateway updated to add support for CC offsite / tokenization.
- Plesk module now allows an account limit and new add order option to be set.
Changes to the Core
- Added a proper new “Inclusive” tax option, which allows tax to be included in the package pricing defined.
- Added UK HMRC VAT validation, in addition to the previous EU VAT validation due to Brexit.
- Added an “In” and “Not In” operator for Configurable Option Logic.
- Added an option so that staff and clients can renew services and domains in advance.
- Packages have been split into different tabbed sections for simplicity and organization.
- Updated the client area to add a contact list box to the left column of the dashboard.
- Moved the Contacts and Payment Accounts client navigation links to the drop down menu on the far right.
Notes for Developers
- We stopped using Html::ifset() and Html::_() for PHP 8 and recommend that you do the same.
- Registrar modules should define their type in config.json as: “type”: “registrar”,
Client Template Changes
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_ach_info.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_cc_info.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_editach.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_editcc.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_navigation.pdt new
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_contacts.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_contacts_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_contacts_contact_info.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_contacts_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/navigation.pdt new
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_contacts_phone_numbers.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_main_myinfo.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_pay_renew.pdt new
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_services_service_infobox.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/partial_packageoption_js.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/structure.pdt updated
Staff Template Changes
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_createinvoice.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_editinvoice.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_services.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_billing_invoices_form.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_taxes_basic.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_options_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_options_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_options_logic.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_options_logicsettings.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_moduleoptions.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/partial_fields.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/partial_packageoption_js.pdt updated
Note Regarding Hotfixes
Blesta no longer supports versions older than PHP 7.2 as of Blesta 5.0, so there is no longer a need to ship hotfixes for these versions.
See the release notes for more details on this release.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
When is the final release?
Version 5.2 will be officially released after the beta phase has completed, which we expect to happen soon. Once we deem 5.2 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help speed things along by participating in the beta!