Stripe - Bitcoin And Alipay?

Steven F

Question

17 answers to this question

I don't think the current gateway supports BitCoin/AliPay. I haven't looked into the API updates with Stripe, but I suspect additional functionality is required to use BitCoin or AilPay with Stripe.

We generally don't build gateway support for beta features because they're subject to frequent changes. Is there a projected release date for those updates?

I don't think the current gateway supports BitCoin/AliPay. I haven't looked into the API updates with Stripe, but I suspect additional functionality is required to use BitCoin or AilPay with Stripe.

We generally don't build gateway support for beta features because they're subject to frequent changes. Is there a projected release date for those updates?

It seems the problem is you use their non-checkout form. If you use the checkout form, it's as simple as adding one line to enable both BitCoin and AliPay. I'll just pop out a module to work with Stripe Checkout (their JS form). ;)

It seems the problem is you use their non-checkout form. If you use the checkout form, it's as simple as adding one line to enable both BitCoin and AliPay. I'll just pop out a module to work with Stripe Checkout (their JS form). ;)

Feature request, I did talk to Paul ages ago when they released it but didn't do a thread :)

On 1/28/2017 at 0:50 PM, timnboys said:

well is there any update on this? because I would like to start using bitcoin for payments through stripe since it is obvious you cannot chargeback on a bitcoin payment which reduces a lot of fraud.

then again I might as well just make my own.

Why not just install the BitPay gateway and use it for Bitcoins? We've been accepting Bitcoin through BitPay for quite a while now without issue.

15 hours ago, timnboys said:

I don't know it scared me when I saw I had to verify my "business" as I am not technically a business more like a sole trader

You are a business, just a sole proprietorship. I don't think you'll have trouble. I don't recall it being a hassle at all for us to sign up.

7 hours ago, Licensecart said:

It would be nice mate to use stripe as Bitpay is a pain when trying to move the limits up :p.

Did they give you trouble? I asked to have our limit increased once and they did so with no questions and no hassle.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

You are a business, just a sole proprietorship. I don't think you'll have trouble. I don't recall it being a hassle at all for us to sign up.

Did they give you trouble? I asked to have our limit increased once and they did so with no questions and no hassle.

I don't know I just got scared when they said to put your legal name of your business in there when I don't have a legal name I only have the domain that is it.

And also they are asking for a EIN which I prefer to avoid as I don't like wanting to deal with the IRS on that later.

since it only me no one else

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I sent information in for CubicWebs, and I had an account fine but I forgot the login for that and had to make a new one, when you try and apply to give the information their system is rubbish and doesn't send it and sending an email is not possible :P

1 hour ago, timnboys said:

I don't know I just got scared when they said to put your legal name of your business in there when I don't have a legal name I only have the domain that is it.

And also they are asking for a EIN which I prefer to avoid as I don't like wanting to deal with the IRS on that later.

since it only me no one else

Doesn't Stripe ask for EIN/SSN? Maybe BitPay treats in differently depending if you accept Bitcoin payouts or USD payouts.. not sure.. but, sounds like they want your SSN and company name.. and for company name you could just use CubeData I'd think.. maybe your Name, DBA CubeData.

59 minutes ago, Paul said:

Doesn't Stripe ask for EIN/SSN? Maybe BitPay treats in differently depending if you accept Bitcoin payouts or USD payouts.. not sure.. but, sounds like they want your SSN and company name.. and for company name you could just use CubeData I'd think.. maybe your Name, DBA CubeData.

nope Stripe didn't ask for anything like that.

Also do any of you @Paul or @Licensecart have any chargebacks with bitpay or is it better to use than paypal to prevent chargebacks?

4 hours ago, timnboys said:

nope Stripe didn't ask for anything like that.

Also do any of you @Paul or @Licensecart have any chargebacks with bitpay or is it better to use than paypal to prevent chargebacks?

Never had a chargeback with BitPay. Not sure what their TOS says, but if you accept payouts via BTC, they couldn't physically do a chargeback. Best they could do is hold future funds.