We are pleased to announce that Blesta 4.9.0 BETA 1 has been released!
Can I participate in the beta?
If you have an owned or monthly license with us directly, you may download blesta-4.9.0-b1.zip in the client area now (Login Required). If you obtained your license from a reseller or distributor, you may be able to participate. Contact your reseller to find out. As with any beta, this release is for non-production use only and is unsupported. During installation, choose to start a free trial, open a ticket to request a trial key, or use your dev license if you have one.
Once you are up and running, head to the forums to report any issues and let us know what you think! If you have a license and are verified or become verified on our Discord chat, you’ll have access to a license holder only beta forum.
(Caption: Disabling the KnowledgeBase in the Support Manager through the new plugin settings feature.)
So what is new in 4.9?
Blesta version 4.9 includes a new Razorpay gateway, client package limits, a revenue report by package, the ability to delete cancelled services, and much more.
These extensions are new with Blesta 4.9.
- Razorpay Gateway (See docs.)
- Order - Decrease frequency of fraud check occurences to reduce number of queries.
- Order - Domain and other order type no longer allows the domain group to be saved within the multi-select.
- Order - Skip service configuration for addon services if there is nothing to configure.
- Order - Added a new ACH/CC payment method override setting for new accounts.
- Order - Improve drag-n-drop of package groups when adding to the order form.
- Order, Billing Overview widgets can now be added to the dashboard.
- System Overview, Feed Reader, and System Status widgets can now be added to billing overview.
- Vultr - Add support for IPv6 subnets.
- Soft Auto Installer - Added support for Softaculous for DirectAdmin. (See docs.)
- Import Manager - Added mapping support for importing Pterodactyl services from WHMCS.
- Updated all extensions to use the configuration file.
To add the Billing Overview or Orders staff widgets to your dashboard, first check that your staff group has ACL permissions (Settings > System > Staff > Staff Groups). Next check that the pluging settings action is enabled for that location (Settings > Company > Plugins).
Changes to the Core
- Client limits can be set for packages, limiting the client to a certain number of services using the package.
- New package revenue report breaks down revenue by package.
- New plugin settings feature allows individual plugin functionality to be enabled or disabled.
- Notes are now included in the smart and client search.
- Clients can now access their email history log.
- Modern WHMCS password hashes now work after import. (See docs.)
- Cancelled services can now optionally be deleted by staff.
Changes for Developers
- Plugin functionality can now be enabled/disabled through the new settings button.
Client Template Changes
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_emails.pdt new
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_services_addaddon.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_services_changeterm.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_services_upgrade.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/structure.pdt updated
Note Regarding Hotfixes
Blesta now ships with bundled encoded files that support PHP 5.4 through PHP 7.3 out of the box. This means that you should not need to upload any hotfixes unless you are running a version of Ioncube loaders older than version 10.1. If you are running old Ioncube loaders, upgrade Ioncube or apply the following hotfix based on your PHP version:
- PHP version >= 7.1.0 - use /hotfix-php71/blesta/
- PHP version >= 5.6.0 and < 7.1.0 - use /hotfix-php7/blesta/
- PHP version >= 5.4.0 and < 5.6.0 - use /hotfix-php54/blesta/
See the release notes for more details on this release.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
When is the final release?
Version 4.9 will be officially released after the beta phase has completed, which we expect to happen soon. Once we deem 4.9 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help by participating in the beta!