We are pleased to announce that Blesta 5.9.0 BETA 1 has been released!
Can I participate in the beta?
If you have an owned or monthly license with us directly, you may download blesta-5.9.0-b1.zip in the client area now (Login Required). If you obtained your license from a reseller or distributor, you may be able to participate. Contact your reseller to find out. As with any beta, this release is for non-production use only and is unsupported. DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PRODUCTION. During installation, choose to start a free trial, open a ticket to request a trial key, or use your dev license if you have one.
Once you are up and running, head to the forums to report any issues and let us know what you think! If you have a license and are verified or become verified on our Discord chat, you’ll have access to a license holder only beta forum.
So what is new in 5.9?
Blesta version 5.9 includes further improvements to the Domain Manager, including the ability to search for and register domains for clients in the staff area. We also added the registrar Openprovider, the ability to disable transfer prices for TLDs (To disallow tranfers or allow transfers for 1 year only), and other improvements. Ban IP’s and email addresses, re-generate and send welcome emails, split invoices, PHP 8.2 suport, and more!
New and Updated Extensions
- Duitku (Indonesian) payment gateway has been added.
- PayUMoney payment gateway now supports webhooks.
- Stripe Payments has been updated.
- Added the registrar module Openprovider.
- Universal module now allows staff and client expand areas to be customized.
- Domain Manager now includes a bulk “Unparent” option within the domains widget.
- OpenSRS now supports TLD import and price sync.
Changes to the Core
- IP addresses (CIDR), and email addresses (with wildcard) can now be blacklisted for login, orders, support.
- Welcome emails can now be re-generated and sent to the client.
- Configurable Options and Configurable Option Groups can now be bulk deleted.
- A new Package option can disable automatic activation of paid pending services.
- Tools > Logs now has a date and string filter to make finding things in the logs easier.
- New settings for service module renewals that fail, to space out re-attempts.
- Adding domains in the admin area is improved. Search for and order domains from the client’s profile.
- Invoices can now be split when editing. Useful for pulling services out to be paid separately.
- Clients can now add a recovery email address to their account that receives a copy of password reset emails.
- A permission for Quotations has been added to contacts and managers.
- Updated payment received emails so they correctly go to billing contacts.
- Added additional info logging for new and updated contacts and account managers.
- Added support for PHP 8.2.
Client Template Changes
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_contacts_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_contacts_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/partial_packageoption_js.pdt updated
Staff Template Changes
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_editinvoice.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_services.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_billing_invoices_form.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_myinfo.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_package_option_groups.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_package_option_options.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_package_options.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_system_staff_add.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_system_staff_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_blacklist.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_blacklistadd.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logaccountaccess.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logclientsettings.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logcontacts.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logcron.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logemail.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_loggateway.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_loginvoicedelivery.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logmessenger.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logmodule.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logtransactions.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_logusers.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_renewals.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/partial_packageoptions_js.pdt updated
See the release notes for more details on this release.
Note Regarding PHP 8
Many 3rd party or custom extensions may not yet be compatible with PHP 8. If upgrading Blesta, it is best to use a PHP version that is compatible with both the release you are upgrading from and the release you are upgrading to. Test third party integrations and customizations.
Blesta supports PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.1, and 8.2 through Ioncube using the default files, and PHP 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2 through SourceGuardian via the hotfix-php8 directory. Report any PHP 8 related issues for Blesta or official extensions on our forums or Discord #beta channel.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
When is the final release?
Version 5.9 will be officially released after the beta phase has completed, which we expect to happen soon. Once we deem 5.9 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help speed things along by participating in the beta!