Simple Hosting Reseller Account With Whm

judodesign

Question

Hi

I'm really struggling here.

I have a hosting reseller account with WHM. I only have a handful of clients hosted and simply want to send out automated billing annually. There are only two prices.

I've set everything up and made the two packages. I added a client too. Then I added a service. But I noticed that tax hadn't been added, so I updated the package and re-added the service. But the old one is still there in the clients details. When I try to remove it I get "The method failed when communicating with the remote module server.".

Then, when I send the actual invoice to the client, both service invoice emails go to them.

But, the email message starts with "Welcome to Chris Test! "

Then they have a link to blesta login, but that just leads to:

An error occurred during a connection to www.judodesign.com.
SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

As I mentioned, I just want to bill clients with their own cPanel hosting plans. I don't need to set up a system where they new clients can set up new cPanels and buy hosting.

Perhaps I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Paul

17 answers to this question

I'm a bit confused mate, are you making a hosting account per client or a reseller account? Or are you a reseller using Blesta?

Can you please go to: /settings/company/modules/installed/ and click on the cPanel module (Manage).

Then go to: Edit on the server.

Do you have Use SSL when connecting to the API (recommended) unticked?

That's the only thing that I can think of for the SSL error.

Also can you please go to: admin/tools/logs/module/ and click on the cPanel module log at the time you got that error, click it and paste the error if there is one, that will help the devs a bit.

Check your email templates, it may be that it's using https:// for the link in that email when you don't have SSL set up for the domain.

Regarding the other error about connecting to the remote server for the module, uncheck the "use module" option to update Blesta without connecting to the cPanel server.

If you add a cPanel hosting account to Blesta that's already set up, then you'll want to uncheck the "use module" option at that time as well. After it's added, click to Manage the service, and make sure the proper username is entered for the username field. This will link it to the server so suspensions and unsuspensions can happen automatically.

If you try to remove the service from Blesta and don't want it to delete in on your WHM server, always be sure to uncheck the "use module" option.

I am a hosting reseller making a hosting account per client. But the accounts are already set up and have their own cPanels.

@CubicWebs, your links to the modules don't relate to what I'm seeing. But I have found the module I created in the cPanel modules. SSL is set to YES.

@Paul. You were right about the email templates and they are now changed. Ive also added the user name as per the name on the account in WHM. 

But where do I go to uncheck the "Use Module to add" button? I see I can do it when I try to add a service to a client, but I cant seem to do it once its added. When I go to edit the service by clicking on the "Active" link, its not an option in the settings.

So, I now have two duplicate services for my first client instead of one. But now I'm a little concerned that, as I can't seem to check the status of the "Use Module to add" setting, if I try and delete one of these services it may delete the hosting account back in WHM. Is that right?

Moving forward, I plan to only add a cPanel hosting account to Blesta that's already set up in WHM.

thanks for your help guys.

But where do I go to uncheck the "Use Module to add" button? I see I can do it when I try to add a service to a client, but I cant seem to do it once its added. When I go to edit the service by clicking on the "Active" link, its not an option in the settings.

This is only necessary when you add the service as an admin to a client's profile. If you cancel, suspend, or edit the service through the "Active" link you will see a "Use Module" check box. Uncheck this box when performing an operation to prevent it from calling the module. You want to uncheck this whenever you don't want what you're doing to make an API call to your WHM server and affect the cPanel account there.

So, I now have two duplicate services for my first client instead of one. But now I'm a little concerned that, as I can't seem to check the status of the "Use Module to add" setting, if I try and delete one of these services it may delete the hosting account back in WHM. Is that right?

For the duplicate, click the "Active" link and cancel it, but uncheck the "Use Module" box when doing so.

Moving forward, I plan to only add a cPanel hosting account to Blesta that's already set up in WHM.

If adding it to Blesta when it already exists in WHM, just make sure to uncheck the "Use Module" option when adding. If you want to link it to your WHM server for account suspensions if they don't pay on time, then click the Active link, and input the actual username in the username section and uncheck the "Use Module" option and save.

thanks for your help guys.

You are very welcome!

Thanks Paul.

When I click on the "Active" link for one of the duplicate services, I got to a page with SERVICE EDIT and LOCAL EDIT. No where in there is the option to uncheck the "Use Module".

If I try to suspend the account, I again get the error "The method failed when communicating with the remote module server."

In the output in Module log it says:

Usage: suspendacct user [reason] [disallow] [--usage | --help]

Suspend a user's account with possibly a more stringent
suspension as determined by disallow.

where
    user -- is a valid user name (required)

reason -- is a quote bound description for the suspension
    and is written into the /var/cpanel/suspended/<user> file
    (optional)

disallow -- is for additionally generating a user.lock file
    in /var/cpanel/suspended and to issue this the argument needs to
    be 1 (optional)

Note that the order of user, reason and disallow must be maintained.

Now supports drving instructions via --help, --usage

What version of Blesta are you running? It sounds like it may be 2.5.. if so, then there are no module options on edit and you'll want to make your changes under local edit. To cancel, simply set a date for the canceled field.

Haha dam I keep thinking people are on 3.0 without thinking of the 2.5 :)

No, you should be using TCPDF in v2.5.

From the client profile page, when you check a box next to an invoice in the list, and then email it to your email address, does the invoice come in, but without the PDF attachment?

The only thing that comes to mind is that the PDF may be written to the temp directory on the server before being sent, and if it couldn't write it to disk, then it wouldn't be included as an attachment in the email. You can make sure the temp directory set under Settings -> System Settings -> Basic Setup is writable.

Hi. Yes. the email goes out but no pdf invoice attached.

When I look in the Blesta folder via ftp there was no 'tmp' or 'uploads' folders. So I created them and gave 777 permissions. Then in Settings -> System Settings -> Basic Setup I have:

Temp Directory:    /tmp/
Uploads Directory:   /uploads/

I did a test invoice and sent it to my own email, but still no invoice. Also, in the Blesta folders >  Invoices or tmp or uploads, there's no sign of a pdf.

The temp directory is not related to Blesta, but rather the server's temp directory. You shouldn't have to create this directory. The uploads directory comes with Blesta and is, by default, above your web directory. If the PDFs were written here temporarily, they would be deleted immediately after the invoice email was sent.

The temp and upload directory settings need to be set to their absolute paths, e.g. /home/user/uploads/

The uploads directory should also contain two subdirectories "invoices" and "tickets".