importing an email to ticket

Morningstar

Question

Guys

My blesta is on subdomain something like

http://billing.mydomain.com

to be able to use an email like sales@mydomain.com  I won't be able to use piping   right?

because I can only use piping within my subdomain so I would only be OK to use piping if I choose an email like sales@billing.mydomain.com

Am I right?  if so What email handling to choose?

11 answers to this question

Thanks for your response . Are you sure that in my case I can use piping on main domain?

I did go to forwarder in directadmin but I get

Error creating forwarder

Details

String contains an invalid email address: /usr/bin/php /home/my/domains/domain.com/public_html/my/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

For piping, the server must be the MX for the domain your support addresses are at.

The error you're getting creating the forwarder indicates that it expects it to be an email address an not an application. I'm not that familiar with DirectAdmin forwarders, but perhaps there is another option? Also, you will want to add the hashbang (path to PHP) at the beginning of pipe.php, and you can drop /usr/bin/php from your forwarder. See https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-email-pipingEmailPiping for more.

Thing is,email address has to be hosted.on same server ...and it has to be authorative for MX record...so if your domain is not hosted on same server or it is but you use external mail server than it will not work...

Procedure is:

First create email address you want to pipe....than you can make  forwarders

This syntax has to.be set;

|/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/USERNAME/domains/SOMEDOMAIN.COM/public_html.......

So for blesta it would be something like

"|/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/USERNAME/domains/SOMEDOMAIN.COM/public_html/blesta_directory/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php".