Multi-Company Setup - How To Delete A Secondary Company?

barryf

Question

Title says it all. 

In a multi-company setup, how can I completely delete one of the sub-companies?

right now this is to be able to remove a sub-company from my dev system, where AFAIK only one additional company is allowed. We need to test programatically creating a new sub-company but run into the problem of how to delete the one that is already there!

Thanks

-Barry

8 answers to this question

@Barry

If you know MySQL / PHPMyAdmin, then you can go into the database and delete it, but if you performed any sort of entries under that company, such as client's, invoices, etc.  Then you would also have to remove ALL of those associations as well.  Unless you know what you are doing, I don't recommend this, but it's an option.

@Barry

If you know MySQL / PHPMyAdmin, then you can go into the database and delete it, but if you performed any sort of entries under that company, such as client's, invoices, etc.  Then you would also have to remove ALL of those associations as well.  Unless you know what you are doing, I don't recommend this, but it's an option.

Thanks, but yes, I was looking for a clean way to do it. We need to create/delete the sub-company multiple times during testing, and there will be transactions/services created.

Regards,

-Barry