**urgent** Tickets When Replying By Email, Opens A New Ticket

ATS Larry

Question

Hello,

We have a problem when someone replies to a ticket reply by email, staff or client, it opens a new ticket in the system with their reply, instead of logging to the same ticket.

We are using ticket.code instead of ticket.hash in the subject and body of the emails.

I'm not sure if that is causing the issue or not, but it shouldn't.

Please let me know how we can fix this, quickly.

Regards,

Larry Braziel

10 answers to this question

You need the Hash in the subject, else it won't work which is why it says in the documentation that you need it.

- {ticket_hash_code}
- A hash code for validating ticket replies
- Required to be in the subject line to allow for tickets to be replied to by email

http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-TicketUpdated

On the other hand customers on Gmail see new threads because of these {ticket_hash_code}s in the ticket subjects. They would follow discussion of the same ticket at the single page if the subject was identical. I wonder is there any way to overcome this contradictory situation?

Edit: In fact if I go to admin/settings/company/emails/edittemplate/45/ then I can see only 

Update to Ticket {ticket_hash_code}

in the subject template. Our clients receive updates with this kind of subjects:

Update to Ticket #1853618 -f611-

So the problematic part is '-f611-' this changes with every single update instance, causing Gmail to create a new discussion thread, when it was just

Update to Ticket #1853618

then it would add new updates to the same thread.

Edited by yngens

On the other hand customers on Gmail see new threads because of these {ticket_hash_code}s in the ticket subjects. They would follow discussion of the same ticket at the single page if the subject was identical. I wonder is there any way to overcome this contradictory situation?

Edit: In fact if I go to admin/settings/company/emails/edittemplate/45/ then I can see only 

Update to Ticket {ticket_hash_code}

in the subject template. Our clients receive updates with this kind of subjects:

Update to Ticket #1853618 -f611-

So the problematic part is '-f611-' this changes with every single update instance, causing Gmail to create a new discussion thread, when it was just

Update to Ticket #1853618

then it would add new updates to the same thread.

Well you can use the hash before the ticket number for it to remember it.

Well you can use the hash before the ticket number for it to remember it.

Maybe I couldn't explain well myself. Gmail and some other mail servers append the e-mail replies with the same subjects into one so called discussion threads. But to do so the subjects of all replies must be identical. Any addition or modification of the subject line causes creation of a new thread. 

If Blesta needs -f611- part maybe it is possible to move it from subject line to the body of the message?

Maybe I couldn't explain well myself. Gmail and some other mail servers append the e-mail replies with the same subjects into one so called discussion threads. But to do so the subjects of all replies must be identical. Any addition or modification of the subject line causes creation of a new thread. 

If Blesta needs -f611- part maybe it is possible to move it from subject line to the body of the message?

I don't see why it's a big deal to be honest, because do you really look up and go what did I send before? When you can log in and see it fully?

I don't see why it's a big deal to be honest, because do you really look up and go what did I send before? When you can log in and see it fully?

Well, it is not a big deal at all. Neither it is a priority. But I know lot's of people on Gmail would prefer to read long conversations on one subject discussion on a single page.

I am just throwing every single matter that I ran onto on Blesta regardless if it is so or not so important. That is, I believe, the right way to polish Blesta and make it perfect. Sorry if bothering too much.

Well, it is not a big deal at all. Neither it is a priority. But I know lot's of people on Gmail would prefer to read long conversations on one subject discussion on a single page.

I am just throwing every single matter that I ran onto on Blesta regardless if it is so or not so important. That is, I believe, the right way to polish Blesta and make it perfect. Sorry if bothering too much.

We appreciate the feedback. Right now it's not possible to remove the hash in the subject without breaking it. Doing so would create a new ticket on reply.

I would suggest starting a new feature request thread for this specifically. It will require more thought and discussion, but a workaround might be possible.

We appreciate the feedback. Right now it's not possible to remove the hash in the subject without breaking it. Doing so would create a new ticket on reply.

I would suggest starting a new feature request thread for this specifically. It will require more thought and discussion, but a workaround might be possible.

Can you please just move this ticket to Requests forum, so that we could have background of how we started this conversation? I believe the hash part could be moved to body of the message and Blesta could identify messages search for hash in body part.