Support Tickets Not Working With Pop3 Setup

guillefd

Question

Hi, I´m staring using Blesta, looks very awsome so far.

I´m having this issue with Support tickets:

- In Department, I´m setting up POP3 as email handling, but no ticket is retrieved.

- I´m sure al params or ok, as I´m using this same account with old Trellis Desk (which I´m switching from)

- I´m using google apps for this domain, and have POP enabled.

In Tools > log, says:

Attempting plugin cron for support_manager poll_tickets. Finished plugin cron for support_manager poll_tickets.

Not much info, no errors.

And sometimes jus stays for hours with no end date.

Hope anyone can drop me a clue or some guide to flloow up this issue.

Installation: Blesta 3.0.8, upgraded today to 3.1.0

Cron job: 5 minutes in cpanel

License: from my hosting provider site5

Thanks!

20 answers to this question

I´d like to add a few more details to Paul´s update, maybe it can help someone else:

I was not able to get POP3 working, but IMAP worked for me, this is what I did to resolve, in order:

1- disable cpanel cron job

2- check log_cron table, erase support_manager task with end_date = NULL (follow this forum topic)

3- run cron manually, in a few seconds, tickets should be created.

I added again the cronjob in cpanel every 5 minutes, but it did not work. This was the command:

/usr/bin/php /home/MY-USER/public_html/MY-FOLDER/index.php cron

As no error message was returned, I tried a few more times, but no ticket was created in support manager.

Finnaly I tried to set a cron job that called to cron URL (see docs).

4- Add cron job to call cron URL, with command:

GET -t 15m 'http://MY-BLESTA-URL/cron/?cron_key=MY-CRONKEY'

(-t refers to: <timeout>  Set timeout value)

This worked for me!

Side note:

I guess my problem has to be related with how I installed mailparse extension.

As I´m using a shared hosting, I´ve  installed mailparse in my user account root -> '/home/MY-USER/php/ext/mailparse', also had to copy there all php extensions (as I had to change php.ini extensions_dir value).

Maybe when running cron job command begining with '/usr/bin/php', as extensions are not there and can´t find them, mails are not parsed. (I´m guessing, not sure).

Thanks everybody for all the help.

Hello Guillefd,

Have you tried piping, and have you checked to see if the emails have been received in your inbox? I've never used POP3 on Blesta so I'm not much help but if we can see if the piping works, maybe it will help the guys know it's just effecting POP3.

Can you send out tickets via POP3? Just another idea I thought about checking.

Hopefully the guys will be able to help you, bare in mind it's a weekend and they are in the office tomorrow.

Hi Cubic, thanks for your reply.

My domain is setup with google apps, I´ve read that I´m unable to setup piping in cpanel when MX records look to external server. (please correct me if I´m wrong!!).

Support plugin works ok from the UI, it sends with no problem (I´ve setup pop3 for outgoing messages with same email account).

What isn´t working is when a client sends a mail directly to support@mydomain, I´m not able to download them via pop3 or imap.

Hope someone can help.

thanks!

thanks for replies!

- In settings >> automation, enable pop3/imap: OK, it´s enabled (5 minutes). Also have set up cron job and it´s working.

- credentials: are correct, for google apps I´m using:

(setup params for incoming email)

handling: pop3

security: SSL

host: pop.gmail.com

user: support@mydomain

pass: ok

port: 995

(google account has pop3 enabled)

In the same hosting account I haver the old Trellis Desk installed and setup with this same credentials and they work.

Am I missing something?

thanks

thanks Michael, I´ve opened a ticket.

Do you know how much can it take to get a response?

I can´t figured out whats wrong, I´m sure the setup is OK.

Ticket piping is the last thing I need to setup and go working with blesta, it´s just a little frustrating not getting it work.

We've got an intermittent issue with ticket piping ourselves.  The fact that Blesta doesn't really give a great deal of insight on what is happening during the pop3 retrieval makes the ability for end users to debug this impossible.  The best suggestion I've had so far is to try IMAP instead.  Since switching to IMAP I haven't encountered the problem again but I'd much prefer to help the Blesta team fix the issue with Pop3!

thanks Michael, I´ve opened a ticket.

Do you know how much can it take to get a response?

I can´t figured out whats wrong, I´m sure the setup is OK.

Ticket piping is the last thing I need to setup and go working with blesta, it´s just a little frustrating not getting it work.

It depends normally in a few hours in their opening hours maximum, but depends how many are open awaiting an answer. But they will help you get it resolved. As I've never used it I'm not much help as I wouldn't know what to look for or what happens with it.

We've got an intermittent issue with ticket piping ourselves.  The fact that Blesta doesn't really give a great deal of insight on what is happening during the pop3 retrieval makes the ability for end users to debug this impossible.  The best suggestion I've had so far is to try IMAP instead.  Since switching to IMAP I haven't encountered the problem again but I'd much prefer to help the Blesta team fix the issue with Pop3!

thanks for the suggestion.

I´ve tryied IMAP and doesn´t work either, I´ll keep testing and see what happens, thanks!

It depends normally in a few hours in their opening hours maximum, but depends how many are open awaiting an answer. But they will help you get it resolved. As I've never used it I'm not much help as I wouldn't know what to look for or what happens with it.

I´ve just recieved a reply from support, thanks!

Just an update on this, based on the ticket it appeared that IMAP worked when running the cron manually. I don't know if it's an issue with the cron running automatically or not -- if so.. if it works when running the cron manually but not automatically, it is very likely that mailparse is not available via CLI, but is available to the web server.