Domain

multibyte

Question

Hello,

As i'm now starting to understand how Blesta works I wondered if someone could help regarding domains.

On Boxbilling there was a section that allowed you to pick custom registrar which meant:-

1. Open Order Form

2. Client requests domain (eg. Blesta.com)

3. System runs a whois lookup to make sure its available

4. Sends client to check out to pay for domain.

You would then receive the order and could manual input the details once you had registered the domain on behalf of the customer. You also used to be able to use the custom feature for VPS, Certificates etc.

Is there any kind of system like this on Blesta and if so could someone please give me a guide to this? 

12 answers to this question

You need to have a domain reseller account before you can offer domains for sale via blesta.  Do you have one?

From your original post it sounds like what boxbilling did was search to see if the domain was available, and if it was...it just let them fill out the information and then you would manually register the domain and provide them the info?

You could use the universal module to create a domain order package that you could manually enter...but it would not be able to do a whois search for the domain.  You'll be a lot better off just getting a domain reseller account from one of the supported registrars and using the specific module for said registrar.

This is correct,

How would I set this up using "universal module" could you do a step by step please?

You need to have a domain reseller account before you can offer domains for sale via blesta.  Do you have one?

From your original post it sounds like what boxbilling did was search to see if the domain was available, and if it was...it just let them fill out the information and then you would manually register the domain and provide them the info?

You could use the universal module to create a domain order package that you could manually enter...but it would not be able to do a whois search for the domain.  You'll be a lot better off just getting a domain reseller account from one of the supported registrars and using the specific module for said registrar.

I've never done it before, but I can see if I can take a crack at it when I get home.

However, you did notice when I said that you will not be able to have a whois lookup done via the Universal Module right?  The only thing this is going to do is allow the client to put in their requested domain name...which will then send you an email to register it...whether it is available or not.

Why not just create a free reseller account and have things processed automatically?  If it's the need to prepay them, you can use netearthone and not have to worry about that.  When someone orders, it will process the domain but not actually purchase it until you put the needed funds into the netearthone account.  It's a lot easier and automated method to do what you are trying to do...there really is no need to manually process domains...

There is no free domain reseller for the modules available :s

I've never done it before, but I can see if I can take a crack at it when I get home.

However, you did notice when I said that you will not be able to have a whois lookup done via the Universal Module right?  The only thing this is going to do is allow the client to put in their requested domain name...which will then send you an email to register it...whether it is available or not.

Why not just create a free reseller account and have things processed automatically?  If it's the need to prepay them, you can use netearthone and not have to worry about that.  When someone orders, it will process the domain but not actually purchase it until you put the needed funds into the netearthone account.  It's a lot easier and automated method to do what you are trying to do...there really is no need to manually process domains...

Go to NetEarthOne, Settings > API enter your IPs which your blesta is on.

Go to the Modules page on Blesta, click LogicBoxes.

Create a reseller connection ID: you get it from NEO, and the API Key is from the API page on NEO.

Then go to the packages create one.

Module: Logicboxes, select the one you want, then click the box next to the domain for the tld you want.

Then make a order form, domain and other and save.

Thanks very much does it only require one package eg "domain" or does it require .com .co.uk etc

Go to NetEarthOne, Settings > API enter your IPs which your blesta is on.

Go to the Modules page on Blesta, click LogicBoxes.

Create a reseller connection ID: you get it from NEO, and the API Key is from the API page on NEO.

Then go to the packages create one.

Module: Logicboxes, select the one you want, then click the box next to the domain for the tld you want.

Then make a order form, domain and other and save.