How To Transfer Services From One Client To Another ?

kikloo

Question

11 answers to this question

We currently have no plan to allow services to be moved between clients. But you could create a feature request in the appropriate forum.

I wouldn't consider this a basic feature, though. I might classify it as a possible security vulnerability instead, as assigning a service to a client means they have access to that service, and so with something like a cPanel service, that client will have login information and account access. By then moving this service to another client, you would need to update, at minimum, the login credentials of that account so that the other client does not have access to this service anymore. And some modules, be it from the API or otherwise, do not allow user credentials to be changed. So for those kinds of services, you would need to delete and re-add it anyway. There is no work-around.

Hi,

Actually no, its a very basic feature in WHCMS which just changes the client ID. Though you are correct about login details but when you're dealing with resellers this is a must have feature. As a reseller would order a domain / hosting for his / her own client and ask us to put that into his personal account which he will get transfered later to client's own account. This has happened with me several times. Sometimes friends who are clients register a domain for their friends and use their personal account but later the friend of friend wants to move that service to his own newly created personal account. This feature is available with all domain registrars, they call it: Push, Move etc.

Thanks.

Hi,

Actually no, its a very basic feature in WHCMS which just changes the client ID. Though you are correct about login details but when you're dealing with resellers this is a must have feature. As a reseller would order a domain / hosting for his / her own client and ask us to put that into his personal account which he will get transfered later to client's own account. This has happened with me several times. Sometimes friends who are clients register a domain for their friends and use their personal account but later the friend of friend wants to move that service to his own newly created personal account. This feature is available with all domain registrars, they call it: Push, Move etc.

Thanks.

WHM** has been around since 2005, and has bad security. Oh and if you want to say it's a basic feature so is PHP5.5 which WHM** refuses to support and even ioncube says so themselves: https://twitter.com/ionCube/status/481555871735234560 So please don't say it's a basic feature just because one company has it.

Blesta is secure and growing features by demand. Which is why there's a feature request forum.

Hi,

Exactly why I am desperate to leave WHMCS, it sucks, hackers coming in time and again to register domains and causing loss. Just a feature I thought would be helpful. Oh btw that happened becuase the smart search is not working properly in blesta. I have 2 clients who's first name is Abhishek and I searched for the client and it took me to wrong Abhishek, i quickly added the order to that one and thats why I need the move service feature. I hope it gets fixed soon as if there are multiple results in smart search it should list instead of moving to first available record.

Thanks.

Hi,

Exactly why I am desperate to leave WHMCS, it sucks, hackers coming in time and again to register domains and causing loss. Just a feature I thought would be helpful. Oh btw that happened becuase the smart search is not working properly in blesta. I have 2 clients who's first name is Abhishek and I searched for the client and it took me to wrong Abhishek, i quickly added the order to that one and thats why I need the move service feature. I hope it gets fixed soon as if there are multiple results in smart search it should list instead of moving to first available record.

Thanks.

Well if you're annoyed with WHM** please note Rome wasn't built in a day :) it will take time to get the modules / features WHM** has now which took them over 9 years, plus they have a big team, Blesta has 3 guys, WHM** has third party ModulesGarden making modules, which WHM** paid them well made an agreement not to do Blesta / HostB*** modules.

To move a service do it the old fashion way.

Click on the manage dropdown menu --> Cancel and then Untick use module. this will just cancel it on Blesta and not the module.

Then go to the real client create the service (Do not invoice) and then type in the domain / username and untick use module. Job done.

Hi,

Yes you're correct. I hope blesta advances quickly and securely. I like it thats why i bought it.

Thanks.

:) Well that's how I remake services before :) and they might have it soon but I don't think it's a high priority but it would be nice, when I was a host I used a third party which means the client had to enter the email address and agree that it's their responsibility to move it

Maybe when the time comes they will have that for both sides but we need more features first which are priority like: Mass mailer, Knowledgebase, etc. :)

Hi,

I added a service for a wrong client due to matching names. How do I move services from one client to another ?

Thanks.

Just ask all features that you really need here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/forum/11-feature-requests/  :)

Maybe some of them we can help, like "service transfer" to be able to transfer to anouther client, we need that option, so we will build it ;)