Invoice Attachements

aceric

I can't think of any reason why I would ever want to attach an additional document to an invoice.  Do you have an example of why you would want to?

Everything I could think of, I'd rather just add the document to the downloads module and include a link in the invoice maybe.  I'd rather keep my invoice emails as small as possible.

I can't think of any reason why I would ever want to attach an additional document to an invoice.  Do you have an example of why you would want to?

Hour specification attached to an invoice for "123 hours of webdesign/development/other work"

And if billing overage usage is added some day, it would be nice to be able to attach a data traffic graph to the invoice as well.

Believe the competition (Ubersmith) does that as well.

Hour specification attached to an invoice for "123 hours of webdesign/development/other work"

And if billing overage usage is added some day, it would be nice to be able to attach a data traffic graph to the invoice as well.

Believe the competition (Ubersmith) does that as well.

Solution for your case :

1 - install client document plugin.

2 - in client profile add the document you want to attach in invoice (copy the document id/url).

3 - create invoice with puplic note , then add the ID/link for the file in text area .

the client will recieve invoice with a note at the buttom that tell more detail about the 123 hours of webdesign/development/other work .

That's all .

Solution for your case :

1 - install client document plugin.

Preferably a solution that doesn't require a user to login.

Person in charge of approving payment for the invoice, may not know the password and doesn't like to jump through hoops.

And while the TS only requested the attachment to be attached when e-mailed, I would like to be able to print them out in batches as well for ink and paper invoicing.

That's why my own feature request suggested appending it to the invoice pdf: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2032-option-to-add-attachment-invoice-specification-to-invoice/

Here are some reasons:

1. We have additional documents required we send out to clients like Proof of Delivery, Bill of Lading, Confirmations, etc. These are very important documents required to get the invoices paid. This is commonly used in logistics etc.

2. This feature is commonly used at a 20mb max on QuickBooks online.

3. Sending multiple invoices to one company, example: Using invoice as a cover page with multiple invoice numbers as one invoice and having all invoices attached as one settlement for that day. (Maybe this is a different feature request, but it still can be used in the attachment feature)