Custom Menu

wfitg

Menu  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How many think adding a custom menu feature would help intergreate Blesta with website

I would like to suggest a menu plugin for Blesta. It would be used to help clients navigate outside web pages. For instance, the menu could allow clients to return to the home page of a Wordpress, or go to the Wordpress contact page, etc...

Is something like this you want?  http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3031-blesta-bookmarks-plugin-comming-really-soon-p/?hl=blesta+bookmarks

We have almost done, just waiting fot Blesta 3.3 to go stable to release it :)

I think what wfitg is referring to is a menu on the client side header, which you can add or remove items from in the admin panel. Basicly what I have on my site: https://account.orangehost.co.nz but customisable.

Navigation Links , this should be in core function . the $show_header  should be dissapear from the code .

I think what wfitg is referring to is a menu on the client side header, which you can add or remove items from in the admin panel. Basicly what I have on my site: https://account.orangehost.co.nz but customisable.

Exactly. A public facing menu that matches the main website.

I had installed a jQuery responsive menu in the blesta template at the top, but it vanished.

Exactly. A public facing menu that matches the main website.

I had installed a jQuery responsive menu in the blesta template at the top, but it vanished.

The structure.pdt will be overwritten sometimes when you upgrade Blesta. If you want the changes to be permanent you can copy the "bootstrap" template and rename it, but you will need to add any new changes to your template when upgrading. You could also write a vQmod with the modifications. 

You don't need 777 permissions. If Blesta already runs fine and you can upload files to it then you probably won't need to change anything. Depending on your server configuration file permissions of 644 or even 640 will be enough.

OK thanks. I'll try this soon. :) I have it downloaded.

We are intending to extend the portal plugin into a more fully featured CMS. Adding additional links to the navigation, even if they link to external content (ie your existing website) would be best suited for this plugin most likely. You could create additional pages and enter the content in a WYSIWYG editor in Blesta, or link those pages to external content.

We are intending to extend the portal plugin into a more fully featured CMS. Adding additional links to the navigation, even if they link to external content (ie your existing website) would be best suited for this plugin most likely. You could create additional pages and enter the content in a WYSIWYG editor in Blesta, or link those pages to external content.

If it is part of the portal I think there should be an option to disable the portal except for the navigation. Because in my case as I'm using Joomla as my CMS I want Blesta to go straight to the account overview/login page.

I like this idea better. Sticking as close to the original code without too many changes is always best.

i'm was thinking in a plugin to add custom pages for client and admin side . now i have removed it from my thinking . any ETA for it ?