Pro Rata And Free Trials

mlsto

Question

Hello

I am thinking that pro rata works as a way for persons to use the services on a trial basis? Not sure if correct if yes how does it work as a bit confused. When you set it up and you want someone to have a 30 day trial as I see it says works for monthly and yearly. I do not want a yearly trial maybe a 60 or 90 day trial for the most.

So how do I reflect this in prorata as I believe you can only bill on the 1st of the month up to the 28th so what if someone starts the service on the 14th or 21st or 28th of the month how do you set it up that thy can be billed after the 30, 60, 90 days and the service stops.

Really would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance

8 answers to this question

Pro-Rota means that they get charged on the same day of every month.

Say you charge $5 for a month and pro-rota date is the 1st, and they sign up on the 12th, they pay the amount for 12 - 1st then are invoiced again for 1st - 1st.

You set up the cutoff date.

The cut off date means they pay the full amount for the next month + the extra. Eg: Cut off date 13th. any order between 2nd - 12th pay 12th - 1st. any orders on the 13th upwards pay 13th - 1st and the 1st until the 1st.

Sorry it's not that clear but it's hard to explain :D

Thanks Tyson

I thought 3.3 was going to have an option for trials, I am thinking this is a no go.

you can make package as trial , just ad the option cancel at thge end of term . with that you can setup  a package for 15 or 30 days .

the client then need to upgrade thier package or it should be suspended at the end of term .

Thank you Naja

Yes I remember this but wanted something that was automatic as soon as the trial is over the client is sent an invoice to continue the service, I believe the end of term just ends and you have to send the client something separate that ask if they want to continue.

Yes that can work for a monthly hosting package but what about a package for 3, 6 or 12 months, i don't think it can work for these so the client would need to upgrade their package after the month to get a 12 month plan.

I was looking for a way if they take any plan you can try for a month and it would bill for a year if you take a year plan when buying.