Xenforo

Michael

Why is this posted to the beta forums? ;)

I'm not a fan of Xenforo. Too fluffy and crowded for my taste. Mod tools aren't anywhere near what they had when they were with VB, and I find all the popup bubbles distracting. There is such a thing as too much Ajax...:)

Why is this posted to the beta forums? ;)

I'm not a fan of Xenforo. Too fluffy and crowded for my taste. Mod tools aren't anywhere near what they had when they were with VB, and I find all the popup bubbles distracting. There is such a thing as too much Ajax... :)

it's not in the Beta section, this is anything goes section. And it wont be a beta forum when V3 is released...

PS: VBulletin is rubbish look at VB4 and VB5 :) good day to you. haha

From the email:

Beta Forums
Please create an account on our Beta forums at http://staging.blesta.com/forums/.

Though it's the "anything goes" section, it's that section in the beta forums. The regular forums are here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/

PS: VBulletin is rubbish look at VB4 and VB5

If you note, I said "when they were involved in it". That predates the mess IB has made of it. ;)

From the email:

Though it's the "anything goes" section, it's that section in the beta forums. The regular forums are here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/

If you note, I said "when they were involved in it". That predates the mess IB has made of it. ;)

The forums is the old forums until V3 is released...

and IB has mucked all jelsoft's work up yep I agree.

I must admit this is confusing, and I'd assumed this would be done away with after the beta and why I asked about posting in this one instead of the other, but never said he couldn't. It isn't my place to tell someone where they can post. 

Any other script I've been involved in has a beta section on their regular forum that gets turned off after the beta is done. No need for a new or secondary forum account, it's a simple group or permission change. Now the original forum is being shut down in favor of this secondary one? Keeping both forums? Shutting off the older one instead of importing threads/posts?

Very odd. 

I must admit this is confusing, and I'd assumed this would be done away with after the beta and why I asked about posting in this one instead of the other, but never said he couldn't. It isn't my place to tell someone where they can post. 

Any other script I've been involved in has a beta section on their regular forum that gets turned off after the beta is done. No need for a new or secondary forum account, it's a simple group or permission change. Now the original forum is being shut down in favor of this secondary one? Keeping both forums? Shutting off the older one instead of importing threads/posts?

Very odd. 

I agree it can be a bit confusing at first.  :huh:

When v3 comes out, the old site will be removed, along with the forums, and this new forum and the new site will replace it. The reason that they are doing this is because they are still on vB, and they want to upgrade to IPB.

Hope that makes sense  :D

I totally get the desire to move off VB, but not the apparent abandonment of accounts and posts from the old one. To each his own, I suppose. I'm sure there's a reason; it's just not what I'd likely do. ;)

One would assume there will be a URL change as well, when the time comes. 

I totally get the desire to move off VB, but not the apparent abandonment of accounts and posts from the old one. To each his own, I suppose. I'm sure there's a reason; it's just not what I'd likely do. ;)

One would assume there will be a URL change as well, when the time comes. 

It's because VB is rubbish, outdated and wont get far, well I believe so, I was talking to Paul and it was a choice between xenforo or IPB and because XF development went to a halt when VB did a lawsuit against them.

The url will probably be /forums when the site goes live.

I considered importing all the posts and accounts from vBulletin into IPB, but will probably archive it instead. There are too many abandoned and spam accounts, that I'd rather start fresh. That's why this is all under staging.blesta.com.

The beta forums on this board will be disabled when a beta is not in progress. 

I know it seems a little weird, but a lot is changing.

I considered importing all the posts and accounts from vBulletin into IPB, but will probably archive it instead. There are too many abandoned and spam accounts, that I'd rather start fresh. That's why this is all under staging.blesta.com.

The beta forums on this board will be disabled when a beta is not in progress. 

I know it seems a little weird, but a lot is changing.

and for the best right Paul :D 

I think there's no such thing as best forum software. It's all about tastes. In my opinion vB 4 & 5 connect is ugly, xenForo look nice but it has less features, IPB is between the two.

I would choose vBulletin because for the lot of feature and option it has.

I think there's no such thing as best forum software. It's all about tastes. In my opinion vB 4 & 5 connect is ugly, xenForo look nice but it has less features, IPB is between the two.

I would choose vBulletin because for the lot of feature and option it has.

Features and Options are useless when they are full of bugs and a team that cares only about money and not about their customers.

So good luck with vb ;)...

Features and Options are useless when they are full of bugs and a team that cares only about money and not about their customers.

So good luck with vb ;)...

vB 4.2 PS is good I can say. Support is not important for me I just need a good template and some modifications which is given.

I won't upgrade so they cannot get more money from me.

I chose vB because it has a better article and blog system. I know IPB has been got better now. But at that time, the vB publishing management was better.