Forum Logo

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised nobody noticed that I tweaked the logo ever so slightly last week. It was a little blurry and a little larger and had a different divider between the logo and the forums text.

Yeah I spotted the >> but I posted about the forum logo changing from the IP Board logo :) 

The new website is built on Wordpress, it makes it easy for us to keep it updated and import all blog posts from the current website which runs Wordpress also. I basically just created a whole new WP theme, and re-built all the pages and content.

Can we have a preview please haha :D

Hey nice! I don't think we got any of the hoodies, let me know how it turns out.

Will do mate It will keep me warm haha :) and I'm thinking of buying a t-shirt soon as-well they look so cool and helps support you guys and advertise you.

And I'm a BlestaFan haha.

The new website is built on Wordpress, it makes it easy for us to keep it updated and import all blog posts from the current website which runs Wordpress also. I basically just created a whole new WP theme, and re-built all the pages and content.

That's what I did on my old new website. Wordpress on the front and then whm** on the back end. It was okay, I never did get the two matched up perfectly though. 

What I am doing now is making a static template though. I did this so that it would load slightly fast maybe. But I am also doing several other things as well to make it easily updated.

For example I have a php page with all of my prices in it. So if I want to change a price I just modify the price in Blesta, and in this php page and it will be reflected everywhere on the website. I am hoping to convert this to automatically update via api soon, but still be static cached. That is down the road some though as I need to get this off the ground first.

Also, I have a global header and footer that stays the same. Modify one link, name, whatever and it's reflected all over the website.

For example I have a php page with all of my prices in it. So if I want to change a price I just modify the price in Blesta, and in this php page and it will be reflected everywhere on the website. I am hoping to convert this to automatically update via api soon, but still be static cached. That is down the road some though as I need to get this off the ground first.

That's the way to do it, makes it easy if the website is pulling the pricing directly.

https://160693.spreadshirt.com/

The "Mens Blesta Shirt", I think the navy blue one is what Cody wore to HostingCon. Available in navy blue, green, and black.

I'll probably be ordering mine tomorrow...unless you know, you want to just give me one? lol Will be one of the shirts I wear at Defcon in Vegas in a month ;)

I'll probably be ordering mine tomorrow...unless you know, you want to just give me one? lol Will be one of the shirts I wear at Defcon in Vegas in a month ;)

Your american so you should get yours faster than me :D since I have to wait 6 weeks max for international service :( but the wait is worth it :)