Why Is Blesta Called Blesta?

WebHostCentral UK - Dean

Blesta comes from the root word "blest" (blessed), from the Latin word "benedicere", meaning to praise. In later Old English it meant to make happy. And we want to make everyone that uses the software happy by providing them with a useful and stable billing application to make running their business easier.

Hah! I'm kidding about that--while partially true, that's not why it's named Blesta. Had you going for a second.

Blesta comes from the root word "blest" (blessed), from the Latin word "benedicere", meaning to praise. In later Old English it meant to make happy. And we want to make everyone that uses the software happy by providing them with a useful and stable billing application to make running their business easier.

Hah! I'm kidding about that--while partially true, that's not why it's named Blesta. Had you going for a second.

Hahah Dam you Tyson mate :P 

Hah! I'm kidding about that--while partially true, that's not why it's named Blesta. Had you going for a second

Well you had me believing you!!

Actually, that about sums it up. (Check out that happy face in our logo) Though I originally came across the name "Blesta" using a random word generator.

We wanted a unique name that we could build a brand around. blesta.com was available when I came across the name and it went on my short list. A few days later I went to register the domain and it was taken :(. I went through hundreds of more names and didn't like any of them, and for a kick I did a whois on blesta.com again. It was available! Someone bought the domain, and then returned it during the grace period. I had never seen that happen before or since. It was meant to be!