Is It Possible To Use Blesta Without Js?

will

Question

We put Blesta in to production recently and a few of our customers have complained that the site doesn't work for them without JS enabled. Is it possible to get it working without JS, or is that integral to functionality? I'm talking strictly about client-facing areas; having JS on the admin side is not something we're trying to work around.

5 answers to this question

Why don't like Javascript? everything in Blesta uses and needs it from Bootstrap to the admin area for as Naja7host said Ajax stuff. If you don't want Js you might as-well go back to Excel documents or books. Every billing system, every website uses JS in some way.

We put Blesta in to production recently and a few of our customers have complained that the site doesn't work for them without JS enabled. Is it possible to get it working without JS, or is that integral to functionality?

Yes, javascript is integral to the use of the client interface. It would not be possible to get the client interface to work for users that disabled javascript without limiting, changing, and/or removing functionality from the interface in several areas.

Javascript is required to view and interact with any modern website or web application. Why do they have javascript disabled?

I imagine their motivation is the increased speed, security, and privacy that comes with disabling JS. I'm not interested in debating whether or not this is a reasonable choice to make; I don't think our company has any business criticizing the browsing habits and security procedures of our users. If they don't want to use JS, as far as I'm concerned that's their prerogative. 

Yes, javascript is integral to the use of the client interface. It would not be possible to get the client interface to work for users that disabled javascript without limiting, changing, and/or removing functionality from the interface in several areas.

Ok. We've had fewer than a dozen complaints, so we're planning on simply offering to handle any interactions they need to take care of through our support email system rather than through the website.