Include Config/blesta.php On Cron Backups

PauloV

Hello,

I see that if you dont have config/blesta.php backup with the database backup, all encrypted data is not "recovered", so my sugestion is to also include the file config/blesta.php on the cron blesta backup, for safety reasons :)

P.S- yes i do daily offline full backups to a external cloud storage, but backups is never to much :blesta:

One thing to note is that if your backup server is compromised, currently the encrypted data would be useless to an attacker. They would be unable to decrypt credit card data, or encrypted service fields, etc. But, if the config file was present, then they'd have the key necessary to decrypt the data.

I'm not opposed to a more complete backup, but such a solution should probably be optional and also be able to back up all files, including the uploads directory.

For example:

[x] Backup database

[x] Backup files

Which files?

(x) /config/blesta.php config file only () All files, including uploads directory

One thing to note is that if your backup server is compromised, currently the encrypted data would be useless to an attacker. They would be unable to decrypt credit card data, or encrypted service fields, etc. But, if the config file was present, then they'd have the key necessary to decrypt the data.

I'm not opposed to a more complete backup, but such a solution should probably be optional and also be able to back up all files, including the uploads directory.

For example:

[x] Backup database

[x] Backup files

Which files?

(x) /config/blesta.php config file only () All files, including uploads directory

Your idea is the same one that I was working in it in my cloud backup plugin , the only difference that I didn't use mysqldump , I have opt with another method that I use in v2.5 . I have not complete it . but it was ready to connect with gdtive and dropbox , not sure where or when I complete it . but if it exist in code it should be prefect