Upgrade To Blesta-3.5.0-B4: Question About Upload Folder

serge

In this archive Blesta-3.5.0-b4.zip, there are these 3 folders:

- uploads

- hotfix-php5.5

- blesta

I do not understand what to do with the "uploads" folder ?

look like something "dirty" that serve nothing but would realy know

uploads is for the invoice attachment, download plugin files, you can remove it if you have one already.

It will be have this:

/uploads/

----------- /1/

--------------- /invoices/

---------------/support_manager_files/

---------------/download_files/

---------------/system/

---------------/client_documents/

I never installed this "upload" folder before.

being on debian, my public directory is

/home/MY-USER/public_html/

my blesta install is at the root of above path, so not in a sub-directory install

What's is hard to understand is while from the .zip, the blesta folder content is to copy and overwrite all in my public_html folder, and here that's ok.

But regarding the "upload" folder

it's not clear where the upload folder should be, do it's should be one level upper the public_html ?

or if it's has to been in public_html/upload , why this folder was not included in the "blesta" folder when ziped?

I believe system is above the "1" directory. 1 is the company value, so if you have addon companies then you'd possibly have a 2, 3, etc for each company with 1 being the default.

The path to your uploads directory should be set under Settings > System > General

Woops haha :D

ok, my "upload" folder was just on level above my blesta install, so all is logic/fine

I forgot this from my first install

Yep that's the securer place otherwise anyone can download if they know the url :P

it's not clear where the upload folder should be, do it's should be one level upper the public_html ?

This is where it should be, in a non-publically-accessible location. But you can put it wherever you want on the filesystem and then update the Uploads Directory setting in Blesta under [settings] -> [system] -> [General] to set the correct absolute path of where you put the uploads directory.