Clients Have "outstanding Balance" Banner But Invoice Not At Due Date (Or Past) Yet

Fantasma

Question

Client has invoice on his account -- due date is August 21st, today is August 18th -- why is his client portal warning him about an outstanding balance when the invoice is not yet due?

We generate invoices 10 days prior to due date -- having this show up when nothing is actually due, is bordering on shady and I dont want to use the word as its a little too harsh, but I guarantee customers will call it that if they complain on forums, etc but 'fraudulent'.

6aUaqQm.png

13 answers to this question

the message show the balance for opened invoices .  nothing related to due date .

Do you see what the message says? I do, I read it.

"Your account has an OUTSTANDING BALANCE of $xxx. Please make payment at your earliest convenience."

Well, let me break it down more simply:

1) It is NOT outstanding when it is NOT DUE OR PAST DUE YET.

2) You are asking for someone to pay you before they owe you anything - this is not considered "legit".

3) These can be considered "SCARE TACTICS" to appropriate payment for services which have YET TO BE DELIVERED (as the invoice is for an UPCOMING PERIOD that has not arrived and the invoice itself is not due!)

This banner would be fine and great if it only showed on the due date and days past the due date - not before hand... OR if the content of the warning for days PRIOR TO the due date had a different message, such as:

"Your account has an invoice which will be due soon. Please take care to ensure your service(s) are not at risk of suspension due to unpaid invoices."

I think you need to know what Outstanding means… let me do the hard work of wikipedia for you:

In banking and accountancy, the outstanding balance is the amount of money owed, (or due), that remains in a deposit account. Look up balance (accounting) in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. This accounting-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

I think you need to know what Outstanding means… let me do the hard work of wikipedia for you:

In banking and accountancy, the outstanding balance is the amount of money owed, (or due), that remains in a deposit account. Look up balance (accounting) in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. This accounting-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

Did YOU read it???

ITS NOT DUE! DO YOU SEE THE DUE DATE? AUGUST 21ST.

WHATS TODAYS DATE? UHH - NOT THE 21ST OR AFTER THE 21ST -- ITS THE 19TH!

SO --- **NOT** OWED OR DUE.

Jesus Christ. All you ever do is come up with some ridiculous reason why the current way of operation is the best and only way and it shouldnt be fixed -- even here where YOU paste an explanation that completely defies your post !??

You are not a good representative for Blesta with the way you continually act and portray everything to be hunky dory when its quite logically, not and even by the simplest method (IE: reading and understanding English??), not.

In banking and accountancy, the outstanding balance is the amount of money owed, (or due), that remains in a deposit account. Look up balance (accounting) in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. This accounting-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

Did YOU read it???

ITS NOT DUE! DO YOU SEE THE DUE DATE? AUGUST 21ST.

WHATS TODAYS DATE? UHH - NOT THE 21ST OR AFTER THE 21ST -- ITS THE 19TH!

It is Due on the 21st how stupid can one bloody be.

YEAH, and today isnt the 21st, thus it is not "OUTSTANDING".

Jesus Christ - you are ENGLISH, you live in ENGLAND, and yet you do not understand ENGLISH? (quite honestly -- ***MIND BLOWN***)

For GOD SAKE IF YOU ARE SO BLOODY ANNOYED WITH IT F* CHANGE IT!!!! 

I've never in my entire life known anyone like you. It is due on the 21st it's an invoice due if you don't want it until the date DONT GENERATE THE INVOICE BEFORE IT'S DUE!!!

Yes I can use caps too.

Settings > Company > Billing / Invoices > Invoice Days Before Renewal

File: /language/en_us/client_main.php

$lang['ClientMain.!info.invoice_due_text'] = "Your account has an outstanding balance of %1\$s. Please make a payment at your earliest convenience."; // %1$s is the total amount due for this client

Change that to whatever you bloody want to which will make you happy because you seem to not know if the invoice is generated it's due on the 21st.

I get text's from Three a UK Mobile company with:

From Three: A gentle reminder that your bill is due in three days. If you've already paid, thanks. To pay call 400 or go to http://mobile.three.co.uk/sms04

I take it I shouldn't get that because it's not due yet? And it is a scare tactics… right? haha get a grip of real life. 

There's no point arguing with you - you go blatantly against any rational understanding of the English language (you know, each of these words has a meaning, and put together a greater meaning - we dont speak to each other by throwing random unrelated and non-defining words at each other).

The sad part, I think you do this and have literally diluted and brainwashed yourself into this situation simply for the ability to continuously and unendingly defend something even though it needs no defending or has an obvious flaw.

For all those reading - the 3rd post in this thread (http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4937-clients-have-outstanding-balance-banner-but-invoice-not-at-due-date-or-past-yet/#entry36835):

1) Clearly defines and explains the problem

2) Clearly offers, and what I believe would be, a relatively simple and professional solution to the problem.

Haha I don't understand the english language even though I've been speaking it my whole life, maybe I should contact Three UK and bring them to this thread so they can see one person believe they are using scare tactics to make me pay my bill 3 days earlier. 

I can say you don't know how to run a business.

The intent of the display is to show all open balances, regardless of due date, which is the "outstanding" amount and not necessarily "past due". As suggested in the thread though, you can modify the language if you think it should be worded differently. Different words have different connotations in different parts of the world.  :blesta:

What if we did the following:

If there are no past due invoices, show the same message we do now, but instead of yellow make the box blue (Not urgent).

If there are one or more past due invoices, show the box yellow (as it is now) and display two buttons.

Your account has an outstanding balance of $207.00, of which $100.00 is past due. Please make a payment at your earliest convenience.
[Pay All] [Pay Past Due]

Something along those lines.. so that, if there are any past due invoices, the client can see the total due, and the total past due, and make a decision about which they want to pay.

Thoughts?

What if we did the following:

If there are no past due invoices, show the same message we do now, but instead of yellow make the box blue (Not urgent).

If there are one or more past due invoices, show the box yellow (as it is now) and display two buttons.

Something along those lines.. so that, if there are any past due invoices, the client can see the total due, and the total past due, and make a decision about which they want to pay.

Thoughts?

Works great for me!!