Best Approuch To Sell Scripts With License

activa

Question

Hello .

we are almost done our new website . we want to sell some scripts with  license  and we need some feedbacks and ideas , experiences . in this market .

we have 2 type of license .

1 - full open source code , this one no problem in it , we sell the full code source of the product .

2 - coded version , and license based in domain/path .

the second case is the subject here , we will use blesta license manager .  i want to know how we can make a good approach for this ? how/when  we store a valid response for valid license ? when we should make the script recheck the licence ? the check license should be in the preaction function ? we should stop admin front and client fronted also in case of invalid license ?

any help in this in appreciated .

9 answers to this question

If you have an owned license with us, you can purchase the License Manager in the client area by clicking Manage next to your license and Addons on the left. The License Manager can also be purchased as an addon during checkout with an owned license.

There are 2 components, the License Manager plugin - http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/License+Manager and the License Module http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/License+Module

The plugin acts as your license server, and the module is used when creating packages and generated license keys.

In my opinion, if your product is for global market, nothing wrong with your open source code.

but on other market, as the market size could be very smaller, in this case, I'm not covinced with selling or offering open source code.

Being on a local market, I use the license manager to offer closed source code software (code obfuscated), some are free, some are paid, all are using the license manager, so I control the full distribution chain.

last question maybe , normally i should write my own method to re-check after X days interval ?

i should save the module response in a database field ? and how to impelement a way to re-check after X 10 days ? should i store a cookies for that or also store the last response date in database .

any code to help is apprecciated

last question maybe , normally i should write my own method to re-check after X days interval ?

i should save the module response in a database field ? and how to impelement a way to re-check after X 10 days ? should i store a cookies for that or also store the last response date in database .

If you use the module for the license manager you call home every so often and if it's not valid it disables the license therefore rending it useless until they renew it.

Yeah you write your own licensing code that integrates with the license manager, store the license data in the database and store as well the last time the license was checked, and write the code so it checks the database first for the last time the license was checked then if it passes the interval you have set then re-check and restore the data and the time of validating.