Gateway Name In Multilanguage

activa

Hello ,

we want to see the gateway name in multi-language , some payment method are not standard and not a universal term .

something like paypal , stripe .. can be universal , but some like money order , bank, wire transfer , direct deposit , ect .. are not universal, and they change with every language .

what i suggest is to store the language definition like "Gateway_money_order" instead of the gateway name in the language file .

and then when we fetch the gateway data from database, we have the language var and just we need to use it as language var . that way we can get the gateway name in any language in use .

what do you thinks ?

Personally, I'm not opposed to using language definitions for gateways. Can you give an example of a gateway name that is written differently in different languages? Usually, at least most of the time for English, the name of something is always written the same no matter what language it originated from.

The reason names don't use language definitions now, besides what I already mentioned, is due to the performance trade-off. Most people don't really consider the amount of time and CPU cycles required to load more language files on several other pages wherever gateway names, module names, etc., are shown.

Somewhat related feature request: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4498-non-merchant-gateways-option-to-offer-more-than-one-entry-in-payment-method-list/

Right now Blesta only displays the name of the non-merchant gateway (e.g. 2checkout, bitpay) in the payment methods list, while most customers are expecting the actual payment methods (credit card, bitcoin) they want to use listed instead. And in that case it should be possible to have more than one entry in the list as well (single non-merchant gateway, can handle multiple payment methods)

The reason names don't use language definitions now, besides what I already mentioned, is due to the performance trade-off. Most people don't really consider the amount of time and CPU cycles required to load more language files on several other pages wherever gateway names, module names, etc., are shown.

it will only need a include file .

let say we will create a language file named "gateway_name.php" in the gateway language folder , inside the file we will put just the gateway name and the description . then we will use it as included file in the gateway , and use it in the GatewayManager.php model .

i have tested a semilar solution in the past in my test server and it was working .