Some Other Domain Got Renewed

kikloo

Question

Hi,

A client had 2 domain names which were same but their extensions were different eg. abc.biz and abc.co.in. An invoice was created by blesta for abc.biz and client paid that online but blesta renewed abc.co.in, why ??? The invoice clearly shows the domain abc.biz and when I check renewal logs there is entry only for abc.co.in and not abc.biz. Both domains have different expiry dates also.

Why that happened ??

Thanks.

14 answers to this question

You need more information....

Module:

Logs:

hi,

its resellerclub module

and logs shows that .co.in has been renewed. nothing about the .biz domain for which the invoice has been really paid.

what to do ? now client is not giving me payment for the .co.in domain that was renewed by blesta and keeps on asking to renew .biz (which i have done btw).

how to check what went wrong ??

thanks.

You would need to include your module logs so we can better understand what actually happened. It sounds like the client has two services, one for each of the domains. Blesta only renews the service(s) attached to an invoice that has been paid. Did you edit the renewal invoice for that service at all? If so, what did you change?

It could also be possible that ResellerClub renewed the wrong domain for some reason, and we could only know whether that occurred by checking the module logs.

Hi,

No i did not change the invoice at all. The amount charged in invoice is correct, but upon payment by client, other domain got renewed. I checked in logs and it shows that blesta has sent order id of the wrong domain (i.e .com and not .biz). Also this brings another topic ..that when cron runs blesta sends an email, I get email about every 5 mins. it got frustrating so I disabled cron to send email. Now things keep on getting pending and I don't see anything from blesta. Need some better solutions regarding this, so that email is only sent when something happens, if nothing is happening then nothing should be sent.

Thanks.

Hi,

No i did not change the invoice at all. The amount charged in invoice is correct, but upon payment by client, other domain got renewed. I checked in logs and it shows that blesta has sent order id of the wrong domain (i.e .com and not .biz). Also this brings another topic ..that when cron runs blesta sends an email, I get email about every 5 mins. it got frustrating so I disabled cron to send email. Now things keep on getting pending and I don't see anything from blesta. Need some better solutions regarding this, so that email is only sent when something happens, if nothing is happening then nothing should be sent.

Thanks.

Check the service id then search the database for the order (service_fields) with the service id and see what the order-id is.

As for the emails sending every 5 minutes you need to tell us more what emails? Are the creation errors? If so click My Info -> Notices disable the creation email. I only use that when needed as like you said you get a email every 5 minutes. Blesta have a CORE for that under CORE-901

Check the service id then search the database for the order (service_fields) with the service id and see what the order-id is.

As for the emails sending every 5 minutes you need to tell us more what emails? Are the creation errors? If so click My Info -> Notices disable the creation email. I only use that when needed as like you said you get a email every 5 minutes. Blesta have a CORE for that under CORE-901

Hi,

Don't find anything wrong, I serached the following tables and both are linking fine. The invoice had correct service id in invoice_lines table and service_id is also showing correct domain in service_fields table. But still wrong domain was renewed. Also I searched log_modules table and it shows wrong domain being renewed in it.

service_id in service_fields is: 344
service_id in invoice_lines is: 344

and

===
{"recurring":"false","customerid":"123456","isImmediateReseller":"true","allowdeletion":"true","parentkey":"999999999_1_12345","domsecret":"loremipsum","productkey":"thirdleveldotin","domainname":"abc.co.in","orderSuspendedByParent":"false","productcategory":"domorder","creationtime":"1409746812","orderid":"56368336","moneybackperiod":"4","endtime":"1472905212","classkey":"thirdleveldotin","isOrderSuspendedUponExpiry":"false","classname":"com.logicboxes.foundation.sfnb.order.domorder.ThirdLevelDotIn","orderstatus":["transferlock"]}
===

===
{"actiontypedesc":"Renewal of abc.co.in for 1 year","actionstatus":"Success","entityid":"56368336","status":"Success","eaqid":"321687641","actiontype":"RenewDomain","description":"abc.co.in","actionstatusdesc":"Domain renewed successfully"}
===

I have replaced domain name and other info. in this with dummy data but in that I don't see why blesta has renewed wrong domain. Please help!!!

Thanks.

Hi,

Don't find anything wrong, I serached the following tables and both are linking fine. The invoice had correct service id in invoice_lines table and service_id is also showing correct domain in service_fields table. But still wrong domain was renewed. Also I searched log_modules table and it shows wrong domain being renewed in it.

service_id in service_fields is: 344
service_id in invoice_lines is: 344

and

===
{"recurring":"false","customerid":"123456","isImmediateReseller":"true","allowdeletion":"true","parentkey":"999999999_1_12345","domsecret":"loremipsum","productkey":"thirdleveldotin","domainname":"abc.co.in","orderSuspendedByParent":"false","productcategory":"domorder","creationtime":"1409746812","orderid":"56368336","moneybackperiod":"4","endtime":"1472905212","classkey":"thirdleveldotin","isOrderSuspendedUponExpiry":"false","classname":"com.logicboxes.foundation.sfnb.order.domorder.ThirdLevelDotIn","orderstatus":["transferlock"]}
===

===
{"actiontypedesc":"Renewal of abc.co.in for 1 year","actionstatus":"Success","entityid":"56368336","status":"Success","eaqid":"321687641","actiontype":"RenewDomain","description":"abc.co.in","actionstatusdesc":"Domain renewed successfully"}
===

I have replaced domain name and other info. in this with dummy data but in that I don't see why blesta has renewed wrong domain. Please help!!!

Thanks.

the order_id in the database is...? you said the service_field is 344 in the database and I hope it is.

Hi,

Okay, now i found what you meant, the order-id is wrong. Why its wrong ??? It is pointing to .co.in domain instead of .biz. Why that might have happened ???

Thanks.

Not sure, did you import over from another billing system and it mucked up there or it was mucked up on the old system, or if I helped you (can't remember) might have put in the wrong ID. It could be anything but if you update that it won't have the issue next time :)

Licensecart helped me setup etc. maybe he entered wrong due to those being same only extension being different, but i have not touched any order-id's so I am not sure. Whether it was old WHMCS issue or while migrating it happened. Anyways I need a script which can sync domain prices with prices specified in blesta, i,e get latest resellerclub prices of domains and update them in blesta. Is this possible ?

Licensecart helped me setup etc. maybe he entered wrong due to those being same only extension being different, but i have not touched any order-id's so I am not sure. Whether it was old WHMCS issue or while migrating it happened. Anyways I need a script which can sync domain prices with prices specified in blesta, i,e get latest resellerclub prices of domains and update them in blesta. Is this possible ?

Nope and there's a feature request for it, if it is accepted it won't be done until the new domain system in 4.1.0 anyway :) and sorry if I did input the wrong id but yeah it sounds probably the most likely outcome.

Is it possible someone changed the order-id that Blesta stores, or that the domain TLD for that order was updated in LogicBoxes?

let me do some focus in this thread , we have had like the same case in our test server , the reason is the order-id .

and we have stuck with other domain that we have imported that are not renewed or we can't use them with blesta (because they miss the order-id in database ) .

we have asked naja7host before about this , and he forward us to their reloaded module , and BOW the module is not using anymore the order-id from database . from what we have seen in the code , the module fetch the order-id directly from the registrar using the domain name . i suggest to use the same method in the core module , logicbox has a option to get the order-id based in the domain, so 0% of error here .

another case , is when we change a domain locally , the order-id is not fetched from registrar , so it remain in the database the old order-id wrong domain ( i believe this is the case of th OP) .

So a great push from us to ignore the order-id from database and use the Logicbox function to fetch the real order-id for the actual domain .