Predefined Responses + Signature

John

Hello,

We are trying to set up predefined responses, and we have noticed a bug when we try and use it with a predefined signature.

What happens is the system puts the agents signature before the predefined response, so the end result looks something like this:

Thanks,

John Smith

FunCorp, IncHello,

I have made the change requested. Please allow up to 24 hours for the system to process the new addition.

If you have anything else you need help with, please let us know!

Can anyone else confirm this?

I believe the signature is set in the ticket reply by default. A predefined response would be appended to the ticket reply making it appear at the end. I think this behavior is normal for most cases, but may be inconvenient if you are using a signature, and would require you to move the text to a more appropriate place.

When you click to add a predefined response, it can be added either at the beginning or end of the reply text, and we opted for the end. Without more information (such as adding a second step), we couldn't choose a particular place in the reply text to insert the predefined response.

I believe the signature is set in the ticket reply by default. A predefined response would be appended to the ticket reply making it appear at the end. I think this behavior is normal for most cases, but may be inconvenient if you are using a signature, and would require you to move the text to a more appropriate place.

When you click to add a predefined response, it can be added either at the beginning or end of the reply text, and we opted for the end. Without more information (such as adding a second step), we couldn't choose a particular place in the reply text to insert the predefined response.

Maybe there could be an option in the settings for this? That way, the administrator could choose either the beginning or the end. If you force it to be one way, then only half of the people are happy.

Is there a way to modify this temporarily, so that we can get this to work right for us?

We spoke about this before and the Support Manager Pro does it at the top now.

I personally moved all our responses to articles in the KB and just link to it.

While linking to the knowledgebase may be a good temporary fix, it really takes out the human contact.

Just see how I have done on Support Manager Pro, like Mike said :)

Jquery is our friend :P

Keep it up :blesta:

Regards,

PV

Not sure people have complained to me and it's the same as you could just copy and paste.

But it also helps with traffic from Google and I've had Site5 link to articles.

I understand that people may have not complained, but it's not what we (as a company) want to be sending to customers. Additionally, we have to open tickets for things like abuse, and linking to the KB is definitely not desired in these situations. I'm sure you understand that we don't want every single one of our canned responses on our KB. It is a valuable tool, but it is not made for that.

I am just asking that the system work how it was supposed to from the beginning. I understand this was an oversight, but let's see what we can do to fix the underlying cause, and not just have a temporary work-around.

I'm not sure I understand how linking to something in an email (ticket) helps with rankings on search engines.

A setting for something like this seems overkill and still wouldn't resolve cases where you might want to have it appear at the top in one ticket reply but at the bottom in another. If you want it to appear in the middle somewhere, manually moving it would still be required.

Maybe another work-around could be to automatically add your signature to the reply rather than setting it in there by default.

In any case, if you'd like to modify the source to have it appear at the top, update /plugins/support_manager/views/default/admin_tickets_reply.pdt,

Change

$('#reply_details').val($('#reply_details').val() + data);

to

$('#reply_details').val(data + $('#reply_details').val());

and change

$('#note_details').val($('#note_details').val() + data);

to

$('#note_details').val(data + $('#note_details').val());

Hello to all ;)

I dont like to point to outhers but look at WHMCS, ClientExec, Hostbill or even Ubersmith, all work this way :)

Signature shows by default,

If you add an KB link or predifined responde, it shows at the beginning befor signature, and if you focus the cursor for exemple in the midlle of the Ticket it adds the predefined response and/or KB link in the focus position.

This is really easy to implement with some JavaScript and/or Jquery :)

I have alredy talk this in the past and if Im rong I have also add the quick solution. I will tey to post the solution here tomorow to add to core :blesta:

Regards,

PV