Reminder E-Mails Sent Same Day As Invoice Created.

EidolonHost

Question

Hi,

So, I'm puzzled by this issue right now. As it stands, everything is running nearly perfectly... except for this one odd issue. I checked the Client Group as well as the invoice options found in Invoice and Charge Options.

Both areas are set identically but I am still seeing the Invoice Due and Invoice Due: Reminder e-mails being sent out on the same day as if they were set up to be sent on the same day when I didn't do that.

What should I set to do the following:

Send e-mail for next invoice 7 days in advance -- this seems to work fine.

Send e-mail for the invoice to be paid on due date. This seems to also work fine? I can't tell for sure but I may as well mention this. I'll double-check this and see if it matches the recommended setting for this.

Send e-mail reminder for the now past-due invoice 3 days after the date. This is not working.

16 answers to this question

You can set first,second and third payment due notice in admin-->settings--->company-->billing-->notices ( url: admin/settings/company/billing/notices/)

You have option to set first,second and third payment due notice to be send xx days before/after Invoice Due Date

For example

First payment due notice 1 day before Invoice Due Date

Second payment due notice 1 day after Invoice Due Date

Third payment due notice 3 days after Invoice Due Date

You can set first,second and third payment due notice in admin-->settings--->company-->billing-->notices ( url: admin/settings/company/billing/notices/)

You have option to set first,second and third payment due notice to be send xx days before/after Invoice Due Date

For example

First payment due notice 1 day before Invoice Due Date

Second payment due notice 1 day after Invoice Due Date

Third payment due notice 3 days after Invoice Due Date

That's what I've done for my system, as described in the original post. So...

Could you post a screenshot of:

1. Settings > Company > Billing/Payment: Invoice and Charge Options
  2. Settings > Company > Billing/Payment: Payment Due Notices
  3. Settings > Company > Client Groups: Edit

If these are correct, you may also wish to re-save them, just to be sure they are set and not defaulting to anything.

Could you post a screenshot of:

1. Settings > Company > Billing/Payment: Invoice and Charge Options
  2. Settings > Company > Billing/Payment: Payment Due Notices
  3. Settings > Company > Client Groups: Edit

If these are correct, you may also wish to re-save them, just to be sure they are set and not defaulting to anything.

Invoice and charge.

post-3880-0-80222500-1466027150_thumb.pn

There's only just one client group.

post-3880-0-90876800-1466027163_thumb.pn

Due notices.

post-3880-0-36288000-1466027187_thumb.pn

Edit: Note, the day's difference in the invoice and charge and the other one was mostly an attempt to troubleshoot which one was the culprit. ie, day 4 and day 3, respectively.

Nothing wrong with those screens. Re-save those forms just in case.

I'm a little unclear of exactly what's happening though. Do all 3 late/reminder notices go out on the same day every invoice is created? Or is it only specific ones? Does it happen for every invoice? Does the client have any other open invoices?

Nothing wrong with those screens. Re-save those forms just in case.

I'm a little unclear of exactly what's happening though. Do all 3 late/reminder notices go out on the same day every invoice is created? Or is it only specific ones? Does it happen for every invoice? Does the client have any other open invoices?

I've resaved those forms many times in the past... and nothing's changed. O_o;

The late/reminder notices go out the same day every invoice is created, yes. EVERY invoice, for all clients.

Edit: I've a client that should get the reminder notice three days after tomorrow. I'll report back if it's fixed.

Edit2: I'd be happy to provide access to the server in question to observe the behavior?

Edit: I've a client that should get the reminder notice three days after tomorrow. I'll report back if it's fixed.

Edit2: I'd be happy to provide access to the server in question to observe the behavior?

If it continues to be an issue in 3 days, feel free to open a ticket with Blesta admin login and we'll take a look. We might also need phpMyAdmin access.

Also, didn't think to ask.. any customizations to Blesta? It wouldn't be a bad idea to (backup everything) and download the SAME version of Blesta, overwriting all the files just to be sure.

If it continues to be an issue in 3 days, feel free to open a ticket with Blesta admin login and we'll take a look. We might also need phpMyAdmin access.

Also, didn't think to ask.. any customizations to Blesta? It wouldn't be a bad idea to (backup everything) and download the SAME version of Blesta, overwriting all the files just to be sure.

No customizations other than the theme. Customer paid invoice, no problems there... but I realized I derped on the timing of the next invoice deliveries.

I'll open a ticket and provide deets because from what I can see, it all should be good, but it obviously is not. As to your suggestion regarding backing up everything... no problem. I'll just back up the theme and the blesta.php, or rather, the crucial bit that we need for encryption. Wouldn't want to lose it and such... >_>

I'll report back if doing this resolves the issue. Although... I will note, I updated to 3.6.1 by doing exactly what you just suggested here, so... I don't know.

Also, a bit off-topic but: Is there a query of some sort that I can use to discover who has a credit/debit card on file and purge said data? I want to force our customers over to Stripe and/or Paypal as credit/debit card storage locations because they've the ability to securely store credit card data and we want to be absolutely 100% sure that neither Paypal nor Stripe're storing card details locally. (though I know Stripe won't store card deets locally since I'd already enabled the option to store card deets off-site...)

... and well, let's just say, I'd rather not be the one holding the bag for a credit/debit breach. >_>

Also, a bit off-topic but: Is there a query of some sort that I can use to discover who has a credit/debit card on file and purge said data? I want to force our customers over to Stripe and/or Paypal as credit/debit card storage locations because they've the ability to securely store credit card data and we want to be absolutely 100% sure that neither Paypal nor Stripe're storing card details locally. (though I know Stripe won't store card deets locally since I'd already enabled the option to store card deets off-site...)

... and well, let's just say, I'd rather not be the one holding the bag for a credit/debit breach. >_>

The accounts_cc table contains all payment accounts for credit cards, and accounts_ach for ACH. You could just update accounts_cc.number to NULL for any cards you want to erase AND update accounts_cc.status to "inactive".

The accounts_cc table contains all payment accounts for credit cards, and accounts_ach for ACH. You could just update accounts_cc.number to NULL for any cards you want to erase AND update accounts_cc.status to "inactive".

Nice, thanks. There were a few that had CC cards stored on our system. Ouch! All good to go from here. Thanks for the quick help on this one.

Paul,

Thanks again for checking my system out and spotting the issue.

Turns out it was because I had reminder notices set to be sent out before the due date... which explains a lot.

You're very welcome, sorry I didn't notice from your screenshots in this thread.