Hosting Order Form

Blesta Addons

Question

we have multiple cpanel servers , in the package we use server group .

the brobleme we are facing every day , in every domain + hosting purshased , we need to adjust the domain name server

as blesta provision hosting in different server , and the domain always get a dns different from hosting server .

is there any way that we can do to make the domain get the name server (dns) of the provisioned server ?

this task will make my stuff crazy , every activated service we need to adjust the name server .

this case has nothing todo who have 1 server for hosting, but for a big/professional companies that has multiple servers and multiple location , they can t work with blesta at this level .

really the staff need to make a deep look at the hosting market , and search a way to improuve the system .

we have built a custom order form to minimize this case , but steel we are affected by this behavior in some case .

10 answers to this question

I dont know what relation beetwen my question and the welcome email ?

Maybe you have misuderstand my case .

That outputs the name servers for the server being used as far as I know and goes into the cPanel packages welcome email section so that's why I think it's your answer :) I could be wrong though.

Why don't set one DNS system for all cPanel servers?You can set primary and secondary nameservers on two servers and serve all cpanel servers with them.To run things properly you need 1x DNS server  for every nameserver any way...otherwise there is no point to have 2 or more nameservers on same server

Why don't set one DNS system for all cPanel servers?You can set primary and secondary nameservers on two servers and serve all cpanel servers with them.To run things properly you need 1x DNS server  for every nameserver any way...otherwise there is no point to have 2 or more nameservers on same server

we have some servers has it own name servers , so for some technical issue we can´t use a dns servers for them .

we have found other software has this option out of the box, the ordered domain herite the name servers set in the ordered hosting package .  and that is the real solution for that case .

if the domain order with a hosting package , the domain in creation herite the name servers from the hosting package . so if the hosting package are activated in the server "xx" the domain take the name servers set for this hosting package .

That is what I was going to suggest. Use cPanel's DNS cluster feature. We use this on our setup:

3x DNS Only Servers in different geographic regions with a DNS master unannounced.

All this support about 10 cPanel servers. Does not matter which cPanel server a domain is on, it is one set of DNS nameservers.

-Adam

That is what I was going to suggest. Use cPanel's DNS cluster feature. We use this on our setup:

3x DNS Only Servers in different geographic regions with a DNS master unannounced.

All this support about 10 cPanel servers. Does not matter which cPanel server a domain is on, it is one set of DNS nameservers.

-Adam

So all your clients domains has the same dns .and only you change the A record ?

So all your clients domains has the same dns .and only you change the A record ?

Yes, everyone uses the following:

ns1.dns.domain.tld

ns2.dns.domain.tld

ns3.dns.domain.tld

(could easily be ns1.domain.tld, ns2.domain.tld, etc.)

And if we migrate domains between servers, our clients do not have to do anything. Typically when you migrate domains within a cluster, the WHM migration tool will automatically update DNS records. But yes, all it does it updates A records.

If you need help with this setup or have further questions, ask away.

-Adam

After meeting with technical staff . A clustured dns is not a solution for us at the moment .

Every server should have it own name servers .

We will try to see what we can do in our custom order form .

But from others competitors , They have this already out of the box !!!!

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to get this feature added (or custom developed by someone).  Each server already has it's own nameservers set in Blesta, so all that would be required is for the domain module to check and see if that domain is already assigned to a service, if it is it should pull the nameservers of the server that the service is provisioned on.  I haven't really gotten into that much of the development side of Blesta...but it doesn't "sound" that hard from an outside point of view :).

Maybe something to include with the Domain revamp coming.