Viewing Plans Separated By Groups

Rocketz

I'd like to be able to view plans by separate groups instead of one big list. As plans get moved around, retired and updated, it makes it harder to get a clear overview when everything is jumbled together. 

For example, how I'd like to see it is pretty simple. If a plan is part of group 1, just show all plans that are part of group 1 in a list. Then Group 2 under it, and so on.

Along that same line, I'd like to also be able to re-order plans and groups in the plans listing page. Some of my most important plans were created first, and are now found after X amount of pages, buried behind newer plans. 

Do you mean on a client profile page, or within the client area? Services are all listed within the Services widget, but I can see how grouping these together would make a long list easier to digest.

This is how things are sorted on an order form, if you add more than one Package Group to an order form.

Both :)

I didn't mention the client view, but I should have. But this post was mainly about the admin view, when you click on Packages > Browse, in Blesta's Admin interface. 

I definitely want to add some organization to Packages. The challenge is that Packages can belong to more than 1 Package Group, and it may not be readily apparent that this is the case if you edit a Package under 1 group, and see it listed under another.

This is a good time to start a conversation about this though, maybe that's not necessarily an issue?

How do you envision this working/looking?

We could have a tab for each package group, but this could also become unwieldly. And of course, if we're displaying packages within the group, each group would needs its own pagination.

Anyone care to mock up some suggestions?

I thought you can do that under: Packages > groups and select the group to see the packages?

Yup, just noticed you can. But it's not very intuitive, and I don't feel like you should have to click to get that kind of high level view of what's going on.

Two things I feel can make this better: 

1 - On the package > browse view, Have each group shown there, and the packages that are active, show up under that group, no need to click to expand

2 - Being able to re-order groups and packages, so the admin can decide what he sees first. 

Of course, building in a filter system to be able to view packages that meet certain conditions would be great too. Retired packages, legacy packages, active packages, all hosting packages... but one thing at a time :) 

Yup, just noticed you can. But it's not very intuitive, and I don't feel like you should have to click to get that kind of high level view of what's going on.

Two things I feel can make this better: 

1 - On the package > browse view, Have each group shown there, and the packages that are active, show up under that group, no need to click to expand

2 - Being able to re-order groups and packages, so the admin can decide what he sees first. 

Of course, building in a filter system to be able to view packages that meet certain conditions would be great too. Retired packages, legacy packages, active packages, all hosting packages... but one thing at a time :)

You can re-order them in the groups page :)