4.0 Beta 1 Begins Thursday September 15th

Paul

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

There is a known issue with installation on PHP 7 that we're looking at for a resolution in beta 2. You may be able to install on PHP 5.6, move your install to PHP 7 and do further testing. There may be other issues.

I'll be doing the php 7 testing on a separate testing server just for this purpose, so I'll give it a shot :).  Are you saying install on php 5.6 and then upgrade php to 7, or move a blesta install from php 5.6 over to a php 7 server?  Guess either one gets the same results.

6 minutes ago, Daniel B said:

I'll be doing the php 7 testing on a separate testing server just for this purpose, so I'll give it a shot :).  Are you saying install on php 5.6 and then upgrade php to 7, or move a blesta install from php 5.6 over to a php 7 server?  Guess either one gets the same results.

Yes, install on 5.6 and move it or switch/upgrade to php 7. That will be necessary to get you past the installation error, but no idea what kind of errors you'll get after that as we have not fully tested. Interested in whatever you find.

Had a play with the beta just recently. Looks pretty damn good. I'll install a development copy on the testing server I have, which is running php 5.6 although there is the possibility of also running php7... but I'll have to check into that.

I'll report back any issues I find but I must note I like the new look. Seems a hell of a lot cleaner to me, truth be told. I was playing with this on Licensedemo.com so I didn't notice any initial issues, but best to install it on our own server and take a look under the hood as well. :)

On 9/17/2016 at 10:42 AM, Keiro said:

Had a play with the beta just recently. Looks pretty damn good. I'll install a development copy on the testing server I have, which is running php 5.6 although there is the possibility of also running php7... but I'll have to check into that.

I'll report back any issues I find but I must note I like the new look. Seems a hell of a lot cleaner to me, truth be told. I was playing with this on Licensedemo.com so I didn't notice any initial issues, but best to install it on our own server and take a look under the hood as well. :)

Glad you like the new look! People should be able to create new and interesting themes as well, as we made some changes to themes to accomplish the clean look.

9 minutes ago, isaacl said:

Dumb question, probably should test at some point, though I'd rather wait until something a bit closer to release, but is there any way to use the Mass Mailer with an email service like Amazon SES?

Thanks!

The Mass Mailer will use whatever mailer you're set up for. Does Amazon SES support SMTP? If so, then you can set it up as your SMTP server in Blesta and all mail will go out through it, including Mass Mailer email.

There is also an export feature as part of the Mass Mailer, so you can export your data for use in a 3rd party email campaign software like Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp, etc.

51 minutes ago, Paul said:

The Mass Mailer will use whatever mailer you're set up for. Does Amazon SES support SMTP? If so, then you can set it up as your SMTP server in Blesta and all mail will go out through it, including Mass Mailer email.

There is also an export feature as part of the Mass Mailer, so you can export your data for use in a 3rd party email campaign software like Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp, etc.

Thanks Paul!

I think they support SMTP, though I've been using Sendy, which I believe connects a different way.

I assume I can import everything into Sendy as well, which might be easier, as it offers some nice tracking info on emails.