How and Where to Setup Email Piping ?

turner2f

Question

11 answers to this question

Did you look here? https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-email-pipingEmailPiping

Actually setting up piping on your server can vary from server to server. We give an example of doing this manually on a server with no control panel. If you have a control panel, you'll likely set up piping through it instead.

1) - Attached is a screenshot  of how I set up the Email Piping using C-Panel.

Is this correct ?

==============

2) - This is a sample line of code that was generated from the

Admin --> Support --> Departments --> Edit --> Piping configuration    text field

/usr/bin/php /home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

Is this all I have to do to make it work ?

=============

3) - Attached is a 2ND screenshot  of the physical file folder setup inside the “Support Manager” plugin.

I took notice that there is NO “ ticket_pipe ” folder, as referenced from the generated code found in
the “ Piping Configuration ” text field.

/usr/bin/php /home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

Is this an issue ?

Do I need to MANUALLY create a folder for “ /ticket_pipe/index/1/ ” ?

IF yes, what would be the file folder permissions ?

=============================================================

IF I am NOT correct in anyway , please give me a step-by-step on how to set this up for "Email Piping" with C-Panel

** SCREENSHOT WOULD BE HELPFUL **

:)

_________________________________________________________________________________

screenshot_of_support_manager_plugin_for_email_piping.jpg

screenshot_email_pipe_setup_in_cpanel.jpg

Remove everything after pipe.php, and make sure the path to PHP is correct. cPanel will likely do several things:

1. Add the correct hashbang to the top of pipe.php
2. Make the file executable (chmod 755)
3. Strip off the path to PHP at the beginning of the forwarder

Next, time for testing.

Don't worry about missing folders, they are parameters and do not correlate to the file system.

OK.

The only change I did was insert the following ( shortened) path in C-Panel, just as you requested.

So now I am using ...

/usr/bin/php /home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

So did I do everything else correctly  ?

Is that it ?

Or is there anything else I need to do ?

If there is more, please give me a "step-by-step" on what needs to be done, with as much clarity as possible
:)

===============

Also, when you say "
... and make sure the path to PHP is correct  " ,

I do not understand what that technically means can you please explain with some clarity, please. :)

Not certain what happened, but it did not work.

In fact, it was preventing all my other company email addresses from getting their mail too.

So I had to remove the generated code from the text field in my "Global Email Filter" in C-Panel until I can get some assistance

============

Need some help, please . :mellow:

I tried using the following in My C-Panel "Email Global Filters"

|/usr/bin/php /home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

|/usr/bin/php /home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

/usr/bin/php /home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

/home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php

=====================

None of them worked. I received the following email message...

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php
    generated by sales@mywebsitename.com
    local delivery failed

=====================

THEN I tried executing these through " Email Forwarders " in C-Panel

** SEE SCREENSHOT

=====================

Earlier you sent me an email that said..

You must pipe email from your mail server to the application. See

Make sure the file is executable. (chmod 755), ( I did )

That the path to PHP is correct in the hashbang at the top of the file. (not certain what this means )

Also, make sure your support department is configured correctly with the email address for the department, and will accept tickets from "anyone". ( Did not find an option for "anyone" )

====================

Please Help :(

====================

C_Panel_Email_Forwarder_setup_for-Email_piping.jpg

Thanks.

?So exactly what should my path or string look like from "start-to-finish" ?

And exactly how and where within C-Panel do I fully accomplish what I need to get done to make this work ?

I keep getting all this advice on UN-familiar code ( or parts of code ) that I have no idea what half of it means,
EVEN after I have extensively tried to research it  on my own.

================

Please keep in mind that I am not a "code-guy".

So I do not understand what some of this "tech-jargon" means.

Kind of like giving someone a car part, but not giving them clear direction as to where it goes.

You can see all the meticulous detail and effort that I have made in these support tickets as proof that I am sincerely trying to learn and remedy my own issues

So I am obviously not lazy when it comes to my attempt to learn things.

Setting all this up is a pretty big learning-curve for me, but I am NOT all that dumb either. :)

I just need more help and advice that is more clearly understood, instead of getting "crumbs" of information :)

===============

Please give me a clear step-by-step of what the exact code or string I need to use, AND where exactly within the C-panel interface I need to use it, so that I can move forward.

Thanks for your kind help and understanding :)

Please help .

**RESOLVED**

Thanks Licensecart.  :)

I tried your suggestion.

Using   /usr/local/bin/php    instead of   /usr/bin/php

I used the following path within the "Global Email Filter" area of C-Panel

/usr/local/bin/php /home/username/support.mywebsitename.com/sub_folder/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

Now the emails from generic email providers ( yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol ) get piped into my support ticket system. :)

===========================

ADDITIONALLY because I setup the "Mobile Emails" within Blesta and C-Panel, the tickets also get sent as "Text Alerts" to my phone.

See Mobile Ticket ( SMS Text Alert ) setup instructions at..

==========================

Thanks again :)