V3.0.1

evolvewh

Question

20 answers to this question

This was my first time upgrading (new user) so I wanted to point out a couple of things in case there are others who are just getting started and looking for this info:

1. The upgrade URL is www.yourdomian.com/index.php/admin/upgrade/ , for some reason I read it to be www.yourdomain.com/admin/upgrade/ (maybe I'm just too tired).  If you have the install in a folder, you need to of course add that before the /index.php/admin/upgrade/

2. I had to go to my installed modules and payment gateways and click upgrade for a couple of them after I ran the upgrade script.

3. Check all of your login info for modules and payment gateways.  Mine was all erased after the upgrade. 

I don't have this all up and running yet because I'm waiting for the WHMCS import but I'm hoping that more things aren't going to be wiped out during an upgrade.

Maybe my mistake but I ended up using the full version instead of the patch.  Logicboxes, bluepay, paypal standard and all of cPanel except for my nameservers were wiped out.

Sorry to hear that, however Cody did state how to patch (Well gave a link) http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/831-release-301/#entry6854

However it's your first time, do you have any backups mate?

Also what I do is upload the files to the server in a upload folder.

I then remove the routes.php from the /config/ folder to keep my admin and client area saved.

Then I go to /app/views/clients/ and rename default to default-3.0.1 that way it won't overwrite the custom theme.

Then move the files over to the public_html

Then run the /upgrade/

Hopefully this will help you in the future :).

Sorry to hear that, however Cody did state how to patch (Well gave a link) http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/831-release-301/#entry6854

However it's your first time, do you have any backups mate?

Also what I do is upload the files to the server in a upload folder.

I then remove the routes.php from the /config/ folder to keep my admin and client area saved.

Then I go to /app/views/clients/ and rename default to default-3.0.1 that way it won't overwrite the custom theme.

Then move the files over to the public_html

Then run the /upgrade/

Hopefully this will help you in the future :).

I'll definitely use this as a reference.  I'll survive because I don't have any data in there yet (other than login info which is not hard to replace) so it's just a good learning lesson right now!  I did avoid overwriting my custom theme in /app/views/clients/ but made a mistake somewhere along the way with the admin.  I usually make a backup but I didn't this time because it was all test and no actual client data setup in there.

I'll definitely use this as a reference.  I'll survive because I don't have any data in there yet (other than login info which is not hard to replace) so it's just a good learning lesson right now!  I did avoid overwriting my custom theme in /app/views/clients/ but made a mistake somewhere along the way with the admin.  I usually make a backup but I didn't this time because it was all test and no actual client data setup in there.

Great job you didn't overwrite your theme, I did that once haha I was half asleep and upgraded and then I was like Oh F*** lol and thankfully I had a half done backup. Since then I always do it that way above.

If this is the actual url you used, idk how it worked because I can't get it to.

This is the url you should be using. It works for me since b1 all the way to 3.0.1 and it hasn't wiped any of my data yet..

Mate his domain isn't yourdomain lol and the admin/upgrade is the way to upgrade. However he accidentally overwritten the blesta.php which is why he managed to re-install it :)

Just did the upgrade and everything went smoothly no problems using "www.yourdomain.com/admin/upgrade/ ".

But the only thing i see that hasn't changed is the version number in the bottom right corner. Still says "Installed Version 3.0.0"

Steve

Erm you sure you upgraded or half upgraded mate? I get:

Blesta © 2007-2013, Phillips Data, Inc.

Licensed to Licensecart

Installed Version 3.0.1

Mate his domain isn't yourdomain lol and the admin/upgrade is the way to upgrade. However he accidentally overwritten the blesta.php which is why he managed to re-install it :)

I was referring to the /index.php/ part I know that your domain isn't his domain.

Index.php should not be in the upgrade url so I tested it to see if I could even get it to load with index.php in my url and I could not.

At minimum that is the wrong url but it may also reflect the wrong file permissions by it even being loadable.

The upgrade URL is pathtoblesta/admin/upgrade

I was referring to the /index.php/ part I know that your domain isn't his domain.

Index.php should not be in the upgrade url so I tested it to see if I could even get it to load with index.php in my url and I could not.

At minimum that is the wrong url but it may also reflect the wrong file permissions by it even being loadable.

Haha I missed that ;) woops #2

/index.php/admin/upgrade is correct, if mod_rewrite is not being used. If that's the case, all URLs will have /index.php/ followed by the typical path structure. Of course, we recommend using mod_rewrite with the included .htaccess file, but some servers don't support it or don't have it installed.

/index.php/admin/upgrade is correct, if mod_rewrite is not being used. If that's the case, all URLs will have /index.php/ followed by the typical path structure. Of course, we recommend using mod_rewrite with the included .htaccess file, but some servers don't support it or don't have it installed.

Mod Rewrite is installed so I'll have to look into the rest of it.  I'm happy to hear that I can make the /index.php/ part go away.