New Payment Account Type Or Extend Ach With Iban / Bic Fields?

wdfee

It took me a while to understand (in lack of English knowledge) that the "Automated Clearing House" is the simple bank account I was looking for. :D (sounds funny for a Non-English-native ...)

Now I'm trying to create a new payment method that we use in Europe/Germany, using this bank account details (ACH).

But in Europe we have something called "SEPA", where we need two additional payment information fields: IBAN and BIC/SWIFT.

When we initiate a national bank transfer, the bank account details (routing number, account number) are ok until February 2014. For international bank transfers inside of EU (+ Swiss and Monaco), and national after February 2014, we have to use IBAN and BIC/SWIFT instead.

1. Is there a way to add two more fields to the ACH account details?
  2. Or is there a way to add a third payment account type, acting like CC and ACH, containing four fields (routing number, account number, IBAN, BIC/SWIFT)?
  3. Or maybe is there a way to implement a third type to "Checkings" and "Savings", offering this four fields or only the two additional fields? We could call this type "SEPA". But in it's meaning, SEPA isn't an acount type, it's a payment method for now (SEPA bank transfer).
  4. Am I on the right way to create a Merchant Gateway for this? The gateway doesn't save customer details, so account details have to be inside of blesta (or be entered everytime).
  5. Otherwise I'll first go with Nonmerchant Gateway, not saving the account details anywhere. Correct?

Paul, you're wrong, let me explain how Banking works Europewide.

From 200X until 02/2014:

Inland Transfer:

Each Customer of an Bank has a Account Number and a BLZ (ID Number of the Bank eg. 100 100 100),

each Transaction MUST be processed in 24 hrs. This is why im say fu.. off PayPal. ;-)

But, if you're remember we got the "European Union", so they created in Bussel a new Way to Pay Money between

normal Bankaccounts. This is called Single Euro Payments Area, or shortly: SEPA. 

Now there are BIC and IBAN.

BIC = ID Number of an Bank, Europewide.

IBAN = A Mixup of old Account Number, BLZ and Checksum, eg:

DE{CHECKSUM}{BLZ NO}{Bank Account NO}

And now the Best on it: Each Payment is processed on maximum 1 Working Day! If you're send Money from Bulgaria to

UK, you have it on the next Working Day in the morning, without any Fees or something else. This Payment System

would be great too for US Markets, if im remeber the Problems with Checkues :D This is also a Reason why

not much people have here in Germany a VISA / Mastercard.

I believe Paul was referring to Payment Accounts in Blesta, as they do not save payment account details for Nonmerchant Gateways.

And as Paul mentioned, it would be helpful to us to see documentation from gateways that accept these fields.

i think you can go  with client custom field . as the fields are need just for a record . not useed in any marchent or non marchent gateay . all the operation should be done via the bank .