Cron + Geo Api Question

evolvewh

Question

I thought I had cron setup but something failed in cPanel and I need to find that code again.  if I go to Settings --> Company -->> Automation, it just lets me see the various tasks and how I want them scheduled.  Where can I find the actual cron command again?

For the GEO API, the instructions aren't too clear for me about where to upload the file to.  I have the file but there's no /system/ folder that I can find in v3.0.1

post-499-0-74302800-1377466340_thumb.png

19 answers to this question

Firstly ensure your uploads file is correct and writeable:

Uploads Directory on: /settings/system/general/basic/

You should see a tick.

Well then download the dat.gz and upload it to the uploads/system/ folder.

When you've done that you should see a tick.

PS: to make your life easier just download this zip, upload it to the uploads folder and extract it. Job done.

http://licensecart.com/public/system.zip

Firstly ensure your uploads file is correct and writeable:

Uploads Directory on: /settings/system/general/basic/

You should see a tick.

Well then download the dat.gz and upload it to the uploads/system/ folder.

When you've done that you should see a tick.

PS: to make your life easier just download this zip, upload it to the uploads folder and extract it. Job done.

http://licensecart.com/public/system.zip

Alright so mine is not writeable but the field is empty.  I'm guessing I have to create the uploads folder on my server?  There isn't one by default in v3.0 or v3.1

**** Never mind..... I found the uploads folder

Alright so mine is not writeable but the field is empty.  I'm guessing I have to create the uploads folder on my server?  There isn't one by default in v3.0 or v3.1

Erm I'm not sure, you can make it, but if you do I recomend you do it outside the public_html directory. You only need it for downloads etc.

The url has to be the full link home/username/uploads/ for example.

Erm I'm not sure, you can make it, but if you do I recomend you do it outside the public_html directory. You only need it for downloads etc.

The url has to be the full link home/username/uploads/ for example.

Blesta is installed in public_html/billing/

Under public_html/billing/components/ there is an uploads folder.

Blesta is installed in public_html/billing/

Under public_html/billing/components/ there is an uploads folder.

Don't touch that lol I'm not sure what that is for. Yeah doesn't matter where Blesta is installed :) as-long as the full direct link to the uploads folder is correct you won't have any problems. But it's better outside the public_html so un-authorized access is at a minimum.

I don't have to have that feature but I wanted to see what it does.  No matter what I do for adding an uploads folder with 755 permission, the system tells me it's not writeable.

You know the Recent Users on the system overview widget, you can only see their Last activity. With this feature you can see the location they logged in from.

On my name you'd see this:

Michael Dance
Last Activity: Just Now

United Kingdom

You know the Recent Users on the system overview widget, you can only see their Last activity. With this feature you can see the location they logged in from.

On my name you'd see this:

Michael Dance
Last Activity: Just Now

United Kingdom

Ahhh.  It would be nice to have that just in case you had any fraud issues or similar.

Go to [settings] -> [system] -> [General]. The uploads directory path should be shown there, and should be writable. You can change it whatever you like, but by default we recommend having it above a web-accessible directory, so if Blesta is installed at /home/user/public_html/billing/, then the uploads directory can be at /home/user/uploads/ and the system directory where you place the GeoLiteCity.dat file would be at /home/user/uploads/system/

Go to [settings] -> [system] -> [General]. The uploads directory path should be shown there, and should be writable. You can change it whatever you like, but by default we recommend having it above a web-accessible directory, so if Blesta is installed at /home/user/public_html/billing/, then the uploads directory can be at /home/user/uploads/ and the system directory where you place the GeoLiteCity.dat file would be at /home/user/uploads/system/

That's what I did, it should work..

This is what I have and it still says not writeable.  I tried 750 and 755 CHMOD.  Thoughts?

Your upload folder url is wrong I believe it should be /home/username/uploads/ or /home/username/public_html/billing/uploads/

And you don't link to the system folder mate.

The uploads folder should be 0777.