Checkout Create Account Error Messages

evolvewh

If someone doesn't properly submit the form to create an account during checkout, the error messages provided are not very intuitive.

Shouldn't this error message say 'Please enter a first name, Please enter a last name, Please enter an address', etc for any missing fields that are required?

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 7.44.06 PM.png

3 hours ago, Licensecart said:

Not a bug because there's no validation they could sign up with just their first name I believe.

I didn't want to label it as a bug but whatever fields are required should be noted as missing. I'll have to look for it but there was a thread talking about what should be required and the number of characters as well.

Validation is done in batches. First, attempt to create the user, then attempt to create the client. A user requires a username and password, without which, we cannot continue to create the client, so error checks stop. It could certainly be more user friendly to run all checks, but logically unnecessary because of the dependency.