Best Way to Install Blesta - Softaculous or Manually

mlsto

Question

Hello

Wondering best way to install blesta, softaculous does it automatically and upgrades when due, thinking of going this way, would that be a good way or better to do it manually.

I however notice that versions updates in softaculous take some time to appear as v4 is not in softaculous as yet how long before updates show there.

Thank you in advance

6 answers to this question

Sounds like this is pretty solid, but here's my 2c anyways. :) If you know how to do it, I recommend a manual install. That way you know exactly what's happening, and you'll be more familiar with the process in case anything comes up. Softaculous is great, but if you have the technical know how I would install it yourself. :blesta:  It's still pretty easy, but yeah, will take a few more minutes that using Softaculous.

I'm new to blesta myself and have quickly discovered the community is great here and the blesta staff are also great.
So if you're concerned at all about being able to manually install it yourself, give it a try and come and ask for help in the Forums if you need it.

I've already had lots of help through PM's, live chat with Paul and Licensecart and a couple of forum posts.

and I've only been here a few days.

It really is a pleasure running into a problem when you have such great support :)

So +1 for manual install

EDIT: just realised you're not new you have 144 posts lol. Well what I said still stands, but you probably already know it.